Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i got the check engine light and ran my obd 2 reader. The p0031 code came on for ho2s bank 1 sensor 1. I was wondering if somebody had a picture of where it is located? Also when i was looking up denso o2 sensors on autozone, they have a left and right upstream sensor. How do i know which is left and which is right? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hi i got the check engine light and ran my obd 2 reader. The p0031 code came on for ho2s bank 1 sensor 1. I was wondering if somebody had a picture of where it is located? Also when i was looking up denso o2 sensors on autozone, they have a left and right upstream sensor. How do i know which is left and which is right? Thanks!

What year and what engine do you have 2.5 or v6

Only get DENSO

http://densoautoparts.com/find-my-part/vehicle-selection

After you find part number check around for the best price . Ebay, Walmart, Amazon etc

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i'm having a hard time seeing where that air fuel sensor is. It looks like its right behind the battery but i'm not sure what it looks like. Can somebody please take a picture and show me? Also i thought since it was a bank 1 sensor 1 that it would be located along the fire wall?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
So i'm having a hard time seeing where that air fuel sensor is. It looks like its right behind the battery but i'm not sure what it looks like. Can somebody please take a picture and show me? Also i thought since it was a bank 1 sensor 1 that it would be located along the fire wall?

Looks like its near the firewall. follow exhaust from bottom .might be hard to see. it looks like a spark plug .

see attachment

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So out of curiosity. Is there a difference between the two upstream sensors?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes but i'm talking about just the two upstream sensors. Whats the difference between the two?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Theres two upstream sensors with different part numbers. One for bank 1 and one for bank 2. Was wondering why the difference?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Theres two upstream sensors with different part numbers. One for bank 1 and one for bank 2. Was wondering why the difference?

Might be the length of the wires You said you got Bank1 sensor 1 code so you need to get the one for Bank 1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts