Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused.

I got CEL code P0138 & P0606 then got quotes from a few mechanics. The part, b1s2 O2 sensor, would cost between 120CAD - almost 300CAD. I was going to choose the one who quoted lowest including labor but he insisted using NTK sensor. Through reading here I thought Denso was better and cheaper (my 08 Rav4 I4 was made in Japan). After more research I found out the NTK 24452 is heated (not sure it's the one the mechanic is going to use) and Denso 234-4266 is not. And more readings I came to some understanding that the heated sensors are kind of new and they start faster so better for short trips or cold weather(?).

I can't post links but it's NTK 24452 vs Denso 234-4662.

If I order a sensor he may install it for me but no warranty. My questions are, a) Is NTK a good product? b) Has anyone used it on Rav4? c) are they both fit 08 Rav4 baseI4 2wd made in Japan? If I find the right sensor maybe I'll get tools and do it myself.

Thanks,

Edit: AutoZone says Denso is non heated. I saw somewhere else it's heated. ???

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You might wanna read through this thread before buying anything:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/177449-p0138-o2-sensor-replaced-but-not-fixed-what-else.html

Several folks have gotten the P0138 code which indicates the B1S2 02 located after the catalytic converter, but it turns out to be the A/F ratio sensor B1S1 located before the cat. That turned out to be the case for me.

Can't speak to difference of NGK vs. Denso. Stuff like this, I like to stick with the OEM product which is Denso. My Denso A/F sensor was $92 US online via Amazon.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I'm a little confused.

I got CEL code P0138 & P0606 then got quotes from a few mechanics. The part, b1s2 O2 sensor, would cost between 120CAD - almost 300CAD. I was going to choose the one who quoted lowest including labor but he insisted using NTK sensor. Through reading here I thought Denso was better and cheaper (my 08 Rav4 I4 was made in Japan). After more research I found out the NTK 24452 is heated (not sure it's the one the mechanic is going to use) and Denso 234-4266 is not. And more readings I came to some understanding that the heated sensors are kind of new and they start faster so better for short trips or cold weather(?).

I can't post links but it's NTK 24452 vs Denso 234-4662.

If I order a sensor he may install it for me but no warranty. My questions are, a) Is NTK a good product? b) Has anyone used it on Rav4? c) are they both fit 08 Rav4 baseI4 2wd made in Japan? If I find the right sensor maybe I'll get tools and do it myself.

Thanks,

Edit: AutoZone says Denso is non heated. I saw somewhere else it's heated. ???
DENS0 is the OEM for the Rav4

Denso 234-4662 is HEATED. I changed mine last year and it took about 20 mins to change. I have a 2011 but assume its the same with 2008. MAKE SURE YOU SPRAY THE SENSOR WITH SOME PENETRATING OIL AND LET IT SIT BEFORE TAKING IT OUT. I have a 2011 but i assume its the same with 2008
https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=18438

Video to find out location of sensor

how to change it yourself. The 234-4662 comes with the plug attached.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/82497-oxygen-sensor-rear-changed-2-4l-i4.html

Let us know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts