Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have a 1998 RAV4 here in Australia (daily drive over 300,000km on the clock). It is NOT OBDII compliant (Toyota was nor required to comply until 2007 in Australia).

It does have a Data link plug under the hood (22 pin as I recall). This is the set up where you short two pins together then read the flashes to establish the fault code. I don't know (haven't talked with the local Toyota dealer yet) but I'm assuming this is OBD1.

I have found the fault code key that tells me the name of the fault. However, I have been unable to find the circumstances as to what condition(s) set a particular fault code. In other words 'MAF sensor reads below blah, blah, blah'.

So US wise- I'm probably looking for information pre- 1996. Any help, thoughts or recommendations???

OBTW - I believe all fault code information available on AlldataDIY or Mitchells (which is very good) is OBDII related.

Thank you, any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, but

Lugnut, I don't have a 'problem' with the car. I'm just trying to better understand how the OBD1 fault codes are determined for this vehicle. (i.e. what sensors are being monitored and the expected sensor values).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts