Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace my OBD2 connector on my 2010 Rav4 because I accidentally pulled down on my In-Drive connector (state farm) while thinking I was popping the hood. Dummy move, I know. Got the new one installed and now when plugged in, it shows that it won't read the battery. Have to get my inspection done asap, so need some troubleshooting ideas.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The OBD2 diagnostic connector provided power to "plugged in" devices from it's own 7.5A fuse .

It is located in the interior fuse panel and labelled "OBD". It is the 8th fuse from the left in the top row of this image.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did something dumb too and need to replace the connector, but my local dealership says they do not have just the connector. Where can I purchase this from? I have a 2015 Rav4, Limited.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Welcome! You can try a discount parts supplier such as www.rockauto.com or Ebay, for examples. It may be that it is not available as the socket alone. Other members may have other suggestions.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I did something dumb too and need to replace the connector, but my local dealership says they do not have just the connector. Where can I purchase this from? I have a 2015 Rav4, Limited.
If you are looking for that OBD2 connector then try searching at a wrecker online. Mind you since your vehicle is 2015 there will not be many wrecked vehicles for your year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to find a replacement port, but cannot figure out how to remove the old port. Can anyone help with that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts