Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am shopping for my first Rav 4, specifically a 2016 Hybrid Limited. I stopped by a large dealership this evening to just look at their Rav 4 selection in the back lot. My goal was to compare the colors (interior and exterior) and compare some of the sticker prices to understand the pricing I am seeing online. Mission accomplished!

A few things stood out that I was hoping you all could help me with.

First, one XLE in the row included a $500 remote start accessory in the sticker - I didn't know that this came factory installed until tonight! For those of you who researched/bought this: How do I find a Limited with this option? Can the dealer install it after the fact if it wasn't factory installed? If you have this installed, how is it working? Anything else I need to know?

Second, the dealer's lot had several Limiteds and a dozen or so XLEs not listed for sale on the website. I found this very curious and I am wondering what might be causing it. Did anyone else experience this? Should I be calling/driving around to ask about inventory rather than just searching online?

Thanks for any help you all can provide. By lurking around I have noticed that everyone is rather friendly. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's up to the dealers to update their online inventory. A lazy web salesperson can really hurt a dealership. With that said these things come and go pretty quickly right now with the promotion they have going on. If you have multiple dealers in the area you should contact each one. I ended up buying mine from a dealer I never intended to buy one from because the "Costco dealer" was difficult to work with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I think you're right, a simple phone call may reveal a Limited with the options I want.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
First, one XLE in the row included a $500 remote start accessory in the sticker - I didn't know that this came factory installed until tonight! For those of you who researched/bought this: How do I find a Limited with this option?
Most of the time that is a dealer-installed option. If its factory installed it will be a region-specific option and likely part of a larger package of options found only in that region. For example you might find its only seen with specific colors, etc. Isn't it usually part of the alarm system?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes for 500 bucks I'm sure it's part of a larger package. When you get it post some pics and keep us updated on how you like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the factory remote start on mine and I would be one that says it sucks. The range is horrible and it is a pain to get it to start. You click the lock button twice quickly then press and hold the lock button. This is easier said than done. It is easier to watch the lights on the car blink to let you know that it received signal from the remote. I don't know for sure how far the range is but it is not very far at all. I have found by the time the car is in range of the remote start I can be in the car within a few second. It would come in handy in the winter time if the car is sitting outside and you start it in the driveway and let it warm up, or in the summer to let it cool down. At work or the grocery store it is a waste of time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the detail, murph. Perhaps I will avoid the dealer installed option for now and see if I can live without.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts