Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rav's been making some odd noises lately, and I really cant seem to track where they are comming from

1. During just normal driving, I can hear a faint squeaking noise comming from somewhere in the engine bay. It would be lounder if I hit like bumps or somehting, so I checked the supension over, and didnt find a thing wrong. Maybe a bushing in the bay is worn?

2. Rubbing noise when turning down a hill. In my city there is one hill where there is a turn right at the base of it. Whenever I go down it and turn right, I hear this lound noise that sounds liek the tire rubbing agianst the well. But after inspecting, there is no sign of rubbing.

Any idea what could be causing that?

Ive also had this out of the ordinary problem. Can anyone explain to me about how to gain access to the rear-windshield sprayer tubing? It souds as if it sprung a leak near the passenger door, but I have no clue on how to get to it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi Drifter... welcome to the forums. :D This is just a suggestion that may be the cause of your noises. Try checking the front sway bar, there might be a loose or worn bushing. Either the bushings holding the bar to the frame or the rod ends. When turning downhill, that might be causing the squeaking.

Also, to locate the leak for your rear washer; try removing the passenger door kickplate panel. I believe the washer tubing runs under these kickplates to the rear of the RAV. The tubing runs along the side of the body on the floor and into the rear hatch. Just follow the tubing along until you locate the leak. Hopefully some silicone sealant can patch things up. Good luck. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Drifter,
As far as your rubbing type noise...have you checked your CV joints?

Bogatyr

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, CV joints checked.

Thanks for the explanation on the windshiled sprayer, fixed the problem. Dunno how it happend, but there is a connector down there that connects 2 pieces of tubing, and it slipped off the connector. Plugged it back in, sealed it, good to go 8)

But still no fix on the noises.... But I did find out where the rubbign noise is from. I got into an accident with my RAV a couple months ago, and it turns out (after closer inspection) it did more damage than I thought it did. The wheel well is bent in on the inside, so the inner-front part of the tire rubs the well whever I make a sharp right turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts