Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the offset of the 94-97 OEM alloy wheels? On the backside of one of the spokes it says 45 but no mention of the word offset or a plus sign. I'm guessing the offset is positive 45 then? On the internet i've read that the offset is 35 or 38. What is true?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Moza, have you tried measuring it yourself? The hardest part would be to find the midpoint of the wheels width and measuring to the rear of the mounting point. That would give you a rough estimate whether your offset is 45mm or closer to 35/38mm. Just a thought. :D

And yes, the rim you pictured appears to have positive offset. A negative offset rim would have more of a deep dish to it. :)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Moza - I don't recall the source... but on our tire/wheel reference page we have the following info ---> The RAV4 wheel bolt pattern is 5x114.3cm (5x4.5") w/43mm offset.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, i'm even more confused now! So it could be 35, 38, 43 or 45 mm offset. I will have to measure it myself like Derek said but the figures are so close it might confuse things even further. If anyone has their OEM wheels off their car can you please check what the offset is? I would tend to think the offset is 45 as thats the number thats stamped on one of the spokes.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Moza, I just looked at my 1998 style alloy wheels that are now in storage; and it says 45 on the back of the spoke. So I would guess that the offset is 45mm. I also looked at one of my Nissan Skyline wheels (yes, I have 2 full sets of Skyline rims :D ), and it has 40 stamped on the front of the rim. I would have to guess that these numbers have to be the factory offsets.

I believe the reason why you see much discrepancies between your internet RAV4 wheel offeset research is because the RAV4 wheels come in a variety of widths. I have seen some (steel/alloy) RAV4 wheels with a variety of widths from 6 inch, 6.5 inch and 7 inches. Thus, you would get offsets from 35, 38, 43 and 45mm respectively. Who knows, I could be wrong too? :?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for checking your rims Derek. The logical answer would be 45mm offset for my OEM alloys as thats the number thats stamped on them. My OEM alloys are 16" x 6.5".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts