Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the OEM cargo liner for the 2019 RAV4 (PT908-42196-02). I've seen cargo liners for other years include the rear seat back cover. Does anyone know if the 2019 version includes the same cover for the rear seats?

Premium Member

Premium Member
Interesting, just noticed that this one is different than the OEM we get in Canada. Strange.

View attachment 125359
Is the Canadian AW cargo liner a real lightweight material? That's how I'd describe the gen 4 HV Canadian seatback cargo liner, the entire deck and seaback part weighs less than just the deck part of the '19 AW liner, it did its job protecting, but it's pretty thin material.

Registered
Interesting, just noticed that this one is different than the OEM we get in Canada. Strange.

View attachment 125359
Is the Canadian AW cargo liner a real lightweight material? That's how I'd describe the gen 4 HV Canadian seatback cargo liner, the entire deck and seaback part weighs less than just the deck part of the '19 AW liner, it did its job protecting, but it's pretty thin material.
Yep, it鈥檚 pretty lightweight and thin. Does the job well so far but could be a little thicker and tougher.

Registered
Got the Canadian liner. 1ST The floor portion doesn't go all the way to the rear seats as it leaves room for the accordion/hinge sections of the seat protecters. 2ND The rear seat protectors have 4 stick-on Velcro tabs for each seat. To me, they are marginal in holding power..As ti don't need rear seat back protection, a Husky or Weatrherteck liner would have better suited me.

Registered
Just put in my 3 piece Cargo Liner, Canadian Part# PK241-42K01. I dont like the gap in between the rear seats.
20190628_171350.jpg
20190628_171406.jpg
z
20190628_171412.jpg

Registered
Just put in my 3 piece Cargo Liner, Canadian Part# PK241-42K01. I dont like the gap in between the rear seats.z
That looks great!
I would have gotten that version if I had a choice today. The US version is so raised (less surface area) and slippery, so I have to put a couple non-slip liners in mine.

Registered
Cool, If i had known the US part was available in Canada for order before this afternoon and for $20 cheaper too, it would have been decisions decisions. Lol

With this US and Canada different parts thing, it reminds me of the 5th Gen 4runner Cargo liners...all the US guys wanted the Canadian liners as they were the only ones which covered the third row seat backs. Members were ordering them up and shipping them to the states to other members.

Also, i wouldn't have guessed the US liner would be so slippery being rubber. My question is, does it smell like rubber or give off a rubber odor when new or in the heat?

Premium Member
The AW cargo liner has no odor, is much heavier material than the Canadian seat back cargo liner I had in my '16 Ltd HV, and I've never noticed it to be slippery in the 6+ months I've been using it. I suppose treating it with something like Armorall would make it slippery, but that would be foolish knowing what it does to floor mats, I don't use anything on the floor or cargo liner, just soap and water.

Registered
That looks great!
I would have gotten that version if I had a choice today. The US version is so raised (less surface area) and slippery, so I have to put a couple non-slip liners in mine.
I have the Canadian version and I don't like that the floor portion doesn't go all the way to the seats. It's pretty slippery too. I have a plastic crate in the back that keeps sliding around. I'll have to probably get some non-slip liners for that.

Registered
Where did you guys pick up the OEM cargo liners?
Mainly talking to the Canadian guys how much did it cost?

Premium Member
I bought this one at Amazon; perfect fit; very pleased.
Unfortunately it doesn't include the seat back liner, the US OEM cargo liner includes seat back coverage and costs about the same with shipping.

Registered
Currently, Toyota is running a July 4 special of free shipping for purchase $75, coupon code FLAG4. If you could find a dealer that provides a decent discount over msrp, you can save the shipping fee.

Registered
I got mine from the local dealership (Toronto, Ontario). Part number PK241-42K01, price was $160+HST.

Same pricing for me at my local dealership and they had them in stock. Next time i purchase a vehicle, i am going to try to get the rear cargo liner included in the deal as i've had to purchase 2 now.

Registered
Unfortunately it doesn't include the seat back liner, the US OEM cargo liner includes seat back coverage and costs about the same with shipping.

Would be nice to have the Maxliner cargo tray paired with the OEM seatback liners. Unfortunately they only come in a set.

I like the high edges on the Maxliner for its liquid/water holding capabilities. (y)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts