Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Am Dave, just new to the forum after purchasing a 2005 2.0 petrol XT5 long wheel base Rav4 with 133k and two owners from new. My first Rav4, and Toyota, after years of VW ownership, I fancied a change and kinda fell in love with the RAVs.

It currently has an after market stereo fitted and i was going to fit an apple play double din unit until I noticed a picture of a Rav4 for sale showing mpg in the cd display, so does the original units have addition trip computer functions, and if so anyone know of any original units for sale, have seen a few on ebay but they seem very highly priced.

Also I know its not related to the above topic, but timing chains, is it better to change them or do they last longer than say a Corrado VR6 chain does?

Cheers in advance for any and all help and any helpful hints tips and ownership pointers would be very welcome.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Thanks, didn't realize this was mainly US based, ...
Well, more accurately North America based, with left hand steering.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Folks,

Am Dave, just new to the forum after purchasing a 2005 2.0 petrol XT5 long wheel base Rav4 with 133k and two owners from new. My first Rav4, and Toyota, after years of VW ownership, I fancied a change and kinda fell in love with the RAVs.

It currently has an after market stereo fitted and i was going to fit an apple play double din unit until I noticed a picture of a Rav4 for sale showing mpg in the cd display, so does the original units have addition trip computer functions, and if so anyone know of any original units for sale, have seen a few on ebay but they seem very highly priced.

Also I know its not related to the above topic, but timing chains, is it better to change them or do they last longer than say a Corrado VR6 chain does?

Cheers in advance for any and all help and any helpful hints tips and ownership pointers would be very welcome.
I have the original one sitting in the garage after i swapped it for a after market one. Where you based? Your welcome to drop me a PM and we can arrange something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts