Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have figured out how to wire driving lights (not fogs)on my 2015 LE, but I can't find a proper OEM style switch. I thought I saw someone post the part number on here, but no luck with a search. Ideas?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ordered two of these switches from the site above and they did not fit. DO NOT ORDER THIS SWITCH as it does not fit the current generation of Rav4's. I wasted $27.96 USD and now I have two useless switches in my garage. These switches will fit the 4Runner and Fj but not a RAV4 or Corolla.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slash65 is correct!!! I had the same problem. The switch Whipaway recommends does not fit. Here is the correct one:

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-84160-...fresh&redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_g263_i1_r

Toyota Part number 84160-12060. It shows that it goes to a 2013 Scion IQ, but fits my 2015 Toyota RAV4 perfectly. NOW, that said it does NOT come with a wiring harness/connector. There is a switch harness that came with the Toyota OEM fog lamp kit, but I have not been able to find it separately. I ended up fabricating the female pin connectors from a Radio Shack part.

https://www.radioshack.com/collecti...-position-female-connector?variant=5717590533

I discarded the plug, soldered wires on to the incredibly small pin connectors, put shrink tube over them and they fit the pins perfectly. I taped the whole assembly to the workbench and filled the end where the plug would normally go with silicone caulk (not on the mechanical parts) to hold everything in place. This worked great for my DRIVING LIGHTS. But if you are looking for an OEM correct fit for your FOG LIGHTS, perfect fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had good luck with the 900 series switches from Air On Board (Air On Board). The switches are 32.5 x 22 mm, which matches the openings on my 2015 Rav4. Admittedly, I have only purchased one switch and a dual USB power outlet, and they are a bit pricey in my opinion, but they fit well. In fact, they fit so well, you had better be sure you've placed them where you want them, as they can be a bit difficult to remove once installed.

The 900 series switches can be identified with a part number that starts with a '9' (941A, 961O, 9B64O, etc.). I recommend you double check the dimensions are correct (32.5 x 22 mm) before ordering.

You can find the 900 series switches on their webpage under Toyota Switches. Select either Highlander 2008-ON, Sequoia 2008-ON, Tacoma 2012-ON Center ONLY, Tundra 2008-ON, 4RUNNER 2010-ON, or Yaris 2008.

The dual USB power outlet i bought can be found under USB Car Charger, model 900S.

I would probably order a couple more switches from them if they ever start selling them in blue again.

I have no affiliation with the company, I just liked what I bought. Your mileage may vary, as they say on TV...

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the links and suggestions as it gets kind of expensive ordering them to Canada with the shipping, handling and USD exchange. I took some pictures of the wrong switches from EBAY and a blank plate.....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts