Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 2016 RAV4 LE two weeks ago, I was wondering where to buy the OEM fog lights other than the dealership? Is it a DIY or have my mechanic to install it for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
There are 2013-2015 OEM foglight kits available on Ebay. I don't know if they are the same for 2016 model year.
They are easy to install, there are some threads on this forum on how to do it.
The 2013-2015 already has the harness in place for the light to plug into, I don't know about 2016.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. Have you found any info on this? I asked the dealer about installing the oem fogs on my LE(2016) but I was given a "we have to use aftermarket but it is possible to add fog lights". I wasn't convinced and did not want any "aftermarket" fog lights installed. I think these new models are so new it will take a bit to have the fog light kits start coming out. Hopefully these new models are pre-wired just like the last model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I haven't found it. I will ask the dealer next time I oil change my car.

I did the same thing for my previous car, my co-worker's friend who is a dealership mechanic did it on his own time (weekend).

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, I haven't found it. I will ask the dealer next time I oil change my car.

I did the same thing for my previous car, my co-worker's friend who is a dealership mechanic did it on his own time (weekend).
I emailed a few dealers in my area and so far one has replied to me. I am told that toyota does not offer a "kit" right now but a company named auer automotive is their supplier for all these "aftermarket" lights going on toyotas. I looked on their site and sure enough they have a kit for the '16 fav 4 that actually includes LE fog lights for our vehicles. The price given to me by that dealer was 675 installed plus tax, with the parts only being 399.00 of that. Seems a bit steep but from what I can tell it is a pretty simple install.

Only issue now is that on that company site it says it is only for vehicles with stock fog lights...I assume there is a work around to that if the dealer is able to install it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts