Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows where to find these or the toyota part# for them?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it was not that difficult the instructions are pretty clear. It took me like 3 hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They don't have the OEM boards available here in Canada where I am, so I'm looking to install some aftermarket Black Horse Vortex boards. I think the instructions they come with are going to be universal, so I was wondering if any if you guys have pictures of the mounting points or at least the manual that the OEM boards came with? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just in case someone needed the info for the sideboards, there is 3 parts that you need to buy

PZQ44-42120
PT593-42000-RH
PT593-42000-LH

I have attached the instruction as we as some pics
View attachment 124373

Just curious, you need the rocker panels because the old ones won’t fit with the boards in?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Running Boards

Alexdv, thanks for the excellent info. you've provided on the running boards. Can you give us an idea on the price for this accessory?
Also, do you feel they really provide easier access to the vehicle, or are they mostly for show? I do like the look, but just wondering.
Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maderico,

I can give you an estimate, but at the end your going to have shop around for best prices;

Rocker panels @ about $30 each
Running boards @ about $360

These prices are not including shipping ,nor taxes. Also, you would have to take into consideration installation fees, which I have not idea how much could that be.

To myself they really don't provide much benefit (other than to reach the roof when car washing), but to my 5 years old son, my parents and my in laws it helps a lot. They are the reasons for which I decided to install them. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

·
Registered
30 Posts
As of today, 11/16/2019, instructions downloadable from the following site includes how to cut your existing rocker panels. It also has a nice pictoral list of tools needed.
http://toyotamanuals.com.au/accessories then search on PZQ4442120
When I installed mine, I didn't need the stuff in the appendix section. I bought the rocker panels with the cutouts so I didn't do any cutting. Another thread indicates that cutting the rocker panels in-place is fairly easy using an oscillating tool; it will save you the cost of buying the pre-cut rocker panels.
other tips:
1) Here's how to remove the button clips:
The trick is to pull on the middle button only. And when you go to reinstall, extend that middle button out before you try to push the clip back in. I didn't need a "trim removal tool". Not to worry, if you forget this, you'll find that it's impossible to reinsert with the middle button pushed in.
2) If it's difficult to turn the hex spacer on the anchor bolt after you've put it in the hole in the car body, you can "jam" a flat tool into the hole against the bolt to help keep the anchor bolt from spinning. Once you have good amount of anchor bolt thread to hang on to, pull the jamming tool out.
3) I had to buy a 1-5/16 socket ... not a common thing to have around. It fits a 3/4" drive, so then I needed an adapter. I had to get a 1/2" to 3/4" adapter, and then a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter to fit the 3/8" drive torque wrench.
4) A spinner wrench handle is helpful for starting the nut for attaching the extrusion; it's a bit awkward holding the extrusion up against the anchor bolts then trying to keep the washer and nut from falling down in the tight little space of the extrusion. A "shallow" 13mm socket works to hold the nut for hand-threading.
5) The 13mm socket does need to be a deep socket for torquing.
6) It was difficult to see which way the U-nut was supposed to go in the plastic step. The way I installed it, the flat side will be against the extrusion; the threaded part (the "bump") faces into the plastic ("up" when the plastic is installed onto the extrusion).
I'm not a mechanic, so some of the terminology may be wrong but I think you'll get the gist.

·
Registered
2020 XLE Premium cold weather+JBL
4 Posts
As of today, 11/16/2019, instructions downloadable from the following site includes how to cut your existing rocker panels. It also has a nice pictoral list of tools needed.
Service Information & Repair Manuals then search on PZQ4442120
<...>
@CADaddict that PDF sounds different than the one Alexdva linked to but the download from that .au site doesn't work for me. Do you still have your own copy and if so, can you please post it here?

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
416 Posts
Hey dudes, I came across this product last night while looking for a gift for my nephew - I swear it was camping related!

It DOES look questionable, but it's an interesting alternative for those who don't wish to rock running boards, can't afford, or mess with their clean lines 🍻

·
Registered
2020 XLE Premium cold weather+JBL
4 Posts
Thanks CADaddict, the pdfs you attached appear identical to the ones Alexdva did. You mentioned that the one from the .au site had an appendix showing how to trim the rocker panels and a pictorial of the tools.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts