Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Toyota offer anything other than the basic stereo for the 2005 "L" RAV4? The car is pretty noisy on the highway so I wouldn't expect a lot of pure sweet sound. But I am thinking about trying for something a little better than the unit that came with the car. Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put in a scion tC radio in my 2004 L and it works with steering control. I also added bluetooth via a 3rd party adapter. Sound is also better than stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a stock Scion tC radio head in my 2005 RAV4 L. The sound quality improved just by doing that, and all the steering wheel controls work. I bought the radio on eBay from 1FactoryRadio and paid a little extra to have them install an aux input.

·
Read Only
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for telling about your Scion stereo. That's good information to have if/when I trade my RAV for a sturdier tow vehicle.

What I ended up doing this time was installing a BOSS stereo - mostly by myself. Besides a backup camera, it gives me USB, chip and aux. Unfortunately, to activate the steering wheel controls would have cost a chunk more that I did not feel like paying at the time. It's a pretty good unit so far.

Hope your Scion transplant works out well for you.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts