Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a video of some Russians pushing it off road in snow. The last two minutes shows some pretty impressive cross country albeit with snow tires on. Then again there are limits as you can see at the 5 minute mark. This is a good indication that the rear differential is an open diff.
https://youtu.be/daZ2C6xDgeA

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I watched that last fall, wasn't impressed with her driving skills either, she's nice to look at tho..... with the sound turned off. :wink

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I think they're combined their gas model review with a few pics of a Hybrid, I see Hybrid side markings in some pics, but most have none, and the offroad driving scenes are the same as the gas model, the telltale hang down exhaust under the engine is definitely a gas model, the Hybrid is flat under the engine. The instrument panel also has a tachometer which the US Hybrid doesn't have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they're combined their gas model review with a few pics of a Hybrid, I see Hybrid side markings in some pics, but most have none, and the offroad driving scenes are the same as the gas model, the telltale hang down exhaust under the engine is definitely a gas model, the Hybrid is flat under the engine. The instrument panel also has a tachometer which the US Hybrid doesn't have.

NEW 2016 Toyota RAV4 FULL Off-road Test Drive & Review - YouTube
Good eyes. Well I guess that doesn't resolve whether the hybrid has an open diff being driven by the rear electric motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts