Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought about lifting your RAV4 and sticking some A/T tires/wheels on it, a la Tacoma Off-Road trim? No? Just me? Please let me know your thoughts on this...

I have a 16 Rav Hybrid Ltd.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Anyone thought about lifting your RAV4 and sticking some A/T tires/wheels on it, a la Tacoma Off-Road trim? No? Just me? Please let me know your thoughts on this...

Baaaaaahhh ha, ha!

I am the proud owner of an 05' 4Runner...Just got my wife a 17' Se Rav4. I have spent countless hours debating on lifting it, a/t tires, roof rack, light bars, the works!
At least I'm not the only one thinking about this...
Would love to stay updated on what you plan for it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've thought about getting some rims with A/T tires, larger brakes, and a transmission cooler - still in the dream phase right now. I would love to put a light bar on mine like Ryan Millen's rally RAV4, but it would interfere with the millimeter-wave radar and LDA. I'm not too keen on lifting it, I think the 2016 refresh has enough ground clearance. No matter the mods, the RAV4 isn't going rock climbing or anything.

·
Registered
49 Posts

No, the RAV4 isn't an off-road vehicle. I keep my 2002 Xterra around for that. But if you are able to pull off some mods like you list, I'd love to see some pics of it on here!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am not going to lift my rav4 but my next set of tires are definitely going to be A/T's for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
The thought of using a RAV4, especially an newer one, off road reminds me of the guy who wants to make some extra $$ selling firewood so he spends $$$$$ on a new pickup, $$$ on a chainsaw and then goes into the woods and uses up both of them. :wall

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it would be pretty cool, RAV4 is def. a capable little car. A lift and AT tires will be nice, but to make a overlander or crawler would prob take quite a bit of work and MONEEYEYYEYYEYEYEY$$$

Here is a vid I saw the other day of the RAV4 on Moab

https://youtu.be/g0R2M1pi7Vg

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The first and biggest offroad issue I had with my '15 Ltd was poor articulation, it was real easy to lift a wheel and end up with traction on 2 wheels only, one front and one rear, same for my '16 Hybrid Ltd, well demonstrated in this video.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first and biggest offroad issue I had with my '15 Ltd was poor articulation, it was real easy to lift a wheel and end up with traction on 2 wheels only, one front and one rear, same for my '16 Hybrid Ltd, well demonstrated in this video

Well, it looks like that's a stock Limited Hbd.... If the tires were upgraded to A/T, maybe with a lift kit, it would perform much better.... or would it? That's the question...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Baaaaaahhh ha, ha!

I am the proud owner of an 05' 4Runner...Just got my wife a 17' Se Rav4. I have spent countless hours debating on lifting it, a/t tires, roof rack, light bars, the works!
At least I'm not the only one thinking about this...
Would love to stay updated on what you plan for it.
I recently got into survival/wilderness/bushcraft/camping/hiking LOL... so you can understand my buyer's remorse when I found out that there was a Tacoma TRD Off Road trim....

I'm trying to make the best out of this by (possibly) upgrading my Rav with off road stuff :serious

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not going to lift my rav4 but my next set of tires are definitely going to be A/T's for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
Same!

Five Reasons Why Toyota Needs a RAV4 TRD - Motor Trend
This sh!t is f*cking cool! Even without a lift kit, it looks like (and the article also hints at) it making it a MUCH better off-road capable CUV....

I think it would be pretty cool, RAV4 is def. a capable little car. A lift and AT tires will be nice, but to make a overlander or crawler would prob take quite a bit of work and MONEEYEYYEYYEYEYEY$$$

Here is a vid I saw the other day of the RAV4 on Moab
I'm not looking to make my Rav an overlander/crawler. Instead, I want to be able to take some light trails and some (somewhat) steep, rocky or muddy terrain with ease.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have plans to do a sight lift, go to smaller diameter off road rims, and some BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's. Also plan on doing a Rhino bar on front with some lights. Not planning on any Moab style rock climbing, but do plan on getting it into some dirt and fire/gravel roads here in the Midwest and East as I search for MTB trails and camping sites. Already have the rear hitch ready to go for the MTB hitch rack.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Especially for lift kits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts