• Never (I'm missing out sorry)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a couple of new pics of a recent off-road adventure my wife and I took. Check out my WWW link at the bottom of this post for more.

USE IT OR LOOSE IT! Is my motto when it comes to owning a 4x4. Respect it and it will bring you home. Abuse it and it will leave you far from home.(and muddy)

Update your albums so all can see what you do with your Rav in different parts of the world.

Have fun! M. :p

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked it out. Nice looking Trip! Got to get it dirtier though. Don't be affraid of it man nail it through those mud holes. Then again I probably wouldn't have either with all that sand. It gets into places you don't know you even have.

We usually go into the new neighbourhoods being built and they are pretty muddy at times. This day we were in the back of an older one that we went into last year and hooked up to a dirt road that lead us into some Jeep paths. We decided to see where they would bring us and we were surprised by the senery. Of course we knew our RAV was quite capable so no surprise there.

We always stick to trails that are in our area and that we have gone down before. I find that I have the most fun after a rain storm on some of the newly cut roads that are not quite ready for traffic yet and still under construction. Thanks for your interest.

P.S. I finally washed it and now it looks new again so no off-roading for a couple of days at least for me.

Thanks. M.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its pretty cool when you can share with others who appreciate it as much as I do.

Click on the "album" buttons on everyones posts. Its awesome when you can see what other people use their RAV's 4. :lol:

I'll have some winter pics soon. The weather here is starting to turn.

Deep Snow -- No problem! Later. M.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Marcutio said:
Thanks to all who viewed my photos. Its pretty cool when you can share with others who appreciate it as much as I do. I've gotten some messages about the pics and I try to click on all the "album" buttons on everyones posts. Its nice when you can see what other people use their RAV's 4. :lol:
Please also note... when viewing members ALBUMS... if you click on the word "Comment" below each photo... you can post questions/comments specifically for each photo 8)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out my new pics in the Album at the bottom.

Tried out the new wheels. They look great and are better than the black generic alternative.

If you take your RAV on some trails or in the dirt in general then POST SOME PICS! We would all love to see what YOU do with your RAV. :wink:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the back road leading along a gorge to the trails we found. Major bumps and water but this spot was ok to get out on. Wide enough to stay on the outside of most big water holes. Not Stupid enough to burry it in water.

P.S. Why don't you have a gallery here on R4W?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Added a poll to an old topic. Wondering how many of you out there take advantage of your RAV offroad. Good for the soul and great senery depending on where you go.

My tips would be:

1. Travel with a buddy if you have one.(or at least have a cell phone)

2. Explore close to home if possible (fresh-cut roads, dirt road, back roads and some places in between)

3. Make sure your spare is good.

4. Never try anything that looks too dangerous like rocks and stuff. (its a RAV afterall)

5. Take it slow.

I'm sure there are many more but these are a few I follow. Have fun and get out there! Later. M. 8)

E

·
0 Posts
Frankly, I haven't done any nitty-gritty off-roading, but if really rough gravel roads count, then please count me in three times.

I'm not exactly gutsy enough for real off-roading, but I hope to hit the really rough gravel roads this summer, e.g. the road between Pemberton to Lillooet (north of Whistler)... the northwest route (don't remember the name), not the paved northeast shortcut. :p

Frankly, if I choose not to do any off-roading at all, I might as well have bought a different AWD vehicle with a smaller size, lower ground clearance and lower centre of gravity, i.e. Toyota Matrix, Subaru Impreza, BMW 325xi or the new Lexus IS250 AWD.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've always wanted to go on beach with my Rav. Normal offroading doesnt come easy either. Because I live in the city the best place to offroad close to my home is park near by. Other then that I went twice to offroading park 3h away from my house.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muddy puddles that are on a dirt road or trail and are OFF-ROAD is off-roadin'. You don't have to be hangin' off a clif or climbing over rocks the size of VW's to get the off-road experience. In a RAV some light off-roadin' is great on a back road with lots of dips, mud(or sand) and some steep grades to climb. The beach is a cool place to go and one I haven't tried YET. I guess you could tear it up pretty good on the beach, so to speak.

I don't squeeze mine through the trees or slam it over rocks to get the point across that is a 4x4. Its a fun vehicle for going places most ordinary vehicles can't. That makes it that much better for the owner.

Have fun, and remember to "Take only pictures and leave only footprints" and maybe some tire tracks.

Later. M. :lol:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Sorry guys but I treat my RAV like a show car. :roll:
I do drive it on gravel roads and on the farm but never really off road it or look for mud.
What I would like to do is get an old tiny, cheep Suzuki 4X4, put some Muds on it and go slow but crazy in some rough terrain like a trail.
I abused one before and loved the second Low Gear shifter. Was like driving a tiny tank.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Added some new winter pictures to my album. I've been checking around and it seems like not many people take their RAV's for a walk in the woods or jungle or anywhere off-road. Is it just me or am I the only one with pictures off-road.

Correct me if I'm wrong.......

Later. M. 8)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts