• Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... now that we've all seen it... what do you think :?: In my opinion... so far so good... but I'm waiting for a rearend view before I make final judgement. It also appears to be setting rather LOW to the ground :roll:

R

·
0 Posts
I don't get it ...

I like the front, but I really don't like the backend or how low it is. It reminds me of the Matrix. And where did all these bs rummors about a third row/longer 2006 RAV4 come from? The dimensions havn't been posted yet, so maybe it is at least longer, but from the looks of it the trunk is smaller than the 2005! :evil:

I was really hoping from a third row, or at least stretching it out a bit (2005 is 169 inches I believe, and a CRV is maybe ~ 181 inches long) so there is a lot more internal space. I doubt it, but maybe there will be two models like with the 96? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, and there's really a lot more space/third row? I sure hope so :?: :?:

2006 - Official High Res
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6128/rav418yg.jpg

2006 spy shot

E

·
0 Posts
Not sure either....hard to judge by one picture only. Like you guys I like the front...but what´s with the height? Doesn´t look like a SUV anymore. Either way....I´m more concerned about other issues, like the infamous rattle noise, engine noise etc....the ones I´m getting tired of in my -04. If that´s not better in the -06 I´m going for the Lexus RX. I need a somewhat bigger and smoother SUV....got my hopes up with the new RAV -06......but who knows?

Still......hoping. Would like to continue being a RAVer 8)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The rear kinda reminds me of a Nissan Murano, which i like and don't mind at all :D . I like it so far, but i'd like to see the specs on the car cuz not everything is about looks :roll:

F

·
0 Posts
Is it a VW

Looks interesting, but where does this official pic come from? Is there any more at the original source that will give us a better view. Spare tyre, on the back or not? Third seat row???
Looks to me like a cross between a VW Golf (Rabbit) and Toureg.

R

·
0 Posts
wow. that dashboard looks great. And in that picture the rear looks a bit longer, so I'm warming up to it.

Thanks for the pics (were they only 2 on that website?)

R

·
0 Posts
This year’s Frankfurt Motor Show will mark the world debut of two of the most important cars for Toyota in
Europe: the new Yaris and the new RAV4. Toyota will be holding its press conference at 9:15 am on the 13th
of September. The Toyota stand is situated in hall 8.

Third generation RAV4
· Improved driving pleasure and performance
· More advanced technical solutions
· A step forward in interior space and modularity
The RAV4 kick-started the fashionable compact SUV segment when it was first launched, 11 years ago. The
third generation Toyota RAV4 will offer customers significantly more driving pleasure and performance,
premium quality, advanced technology, more interior space and clever modularity.
Toyota press release

R

·
0 Posts
hmm, maybe they originally tried for a third seat, but later decided to drop it?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looks good, much better than I was expecting. A stylish small crossover from Toyota--people will definitely sit up and take notice.

S

·
0 Posts
erzhik said:
any engine specs yet? I can't wait to see what engine they will use
Nope Toyota Europe will announce details when the RAV4 is launched at the Frankfurt Motorshow (13th Sept) for Europe.

Toyota USA are launching the new 2006 RAV4 and new 2007 Yaris at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas (November 2nd)

European spec interior

Some nice toys keyless Starter button, SatNav, Bluetooth.

R

·
0 Posts
rav2006 said:
hmm, maybe they originally tried for a third seat, but later decided to drop it?
If you compare these the silver one to the gray one you'll see that the silver one is slightly longer. Plus I think you can see a seat belt for the rear row in the silver pic.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mourning progress

Hi guys and gals,

I bought my 2005 about 3 weeks ago, and I've been meaning to get around to registering here, but this gives me a good excuse. Since it's always best to start with a bang, here's my preliminary (possibly unpopular) opinion...

I don't know when Toyota finally put the page online, but it's been really, really recent (since I play there often). In my research before buying, I knew they were planning to "refine" the RAV4 for 2006. I guess I should have figured out that by that, they meant "mangle, mutilate, and emasculate it's character entirely".

See the new RAV4 here : http://toyota.com/vehicles/future/rav4.html

(most of the other exterior pics I've seen in this thread appear to be varied and "hot-rodded" images).

Now. Compare that to the current RAV4 (which a lot of us own);

http://toyota.com/rav4/index.html

If you don't drive a 2nd Gen RAV, you may not notice a difference, but as an owner of the now "old" one (if you can call a 2005 car "old"), EVERYTHING that makes the RAV4 attractive has been removed with a big knife and IMHO it now looks like just another crackerbox SUV. Then again, I'm sure most of you felt that way when RAV4 evolved from Gen 1 to Gen 2

To me, it's sort of like when Pontiac went from the gorgeous 1981 Trans-Am (commonly noted in Smokey and the Bandit) to the 1982 square-box, bland-ass "Knight Rider"...

I will say that I like the interior, but only if I could get the nav system and the other toys shown. As such, I'm glad I bought RAV4 when I did, now if I could just find a new 1981 Trans Am. (I'll settle for getting my OEMValue.com NAV system installed without killing my warranty).

Wayne

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
erzhik said:
any engine specs yet? I can't wait to see what engine they will use
Here is what MOTOR TREND says in its September 2005 issue (page 26): "...Guess what'll be the fastest Toyota to 60 mph you'll be able to buy next year? Wrong. Japan sources insist it'll be the new RAV4, which will get a 3.5 liter V-6 said to deliver 275 horses."

I am sure that the V6 will be only one of a few options, and that the new RAVs will still be offered with 4 cylinder engines as well. Imagine, a RAV with factory 275 horses? :p

·
Registered
214 Posts
Derek said:
Imagine, a RAV with factory 275 horses? :p
Honestly? Having just bought my new RAV4, I couldn't imagine wanting more, let alone needing more than 161 HP. I guess I'm just getting old.. :)

Wayne

1 - 20 of 104 Posts