Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
461 - 480 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Copying over the one post on the other thread here from RussC so his data point doesn't get lost.

Username: RussC
2021 Rav 4 Prime SE
Metallic Silver
Weather package/sunroof/ weather mats/ heated seats front and rear/ heated steering wheel/wiper rain & defrost sensor/ power 8 way driver seat / 8 inch touch screen / cross bars for roof rails / power lift gate

$41,667 MSRP includes $1,120 destination
$0 Dealer Add-Ons
-$667 negotiated discount
$41,000 before fees
$75 Doc Fee
$166.09 Registration Fee
$35 Title Fee
$114 One-Way Airline Ticket
$2,931.50 Utah Sales Tax 7.15%
$44,321.59 Total Before Credit

-$7,500 Federal Tax Credit (Form 8936)
$36,821.59 Grand Total

Additional Cost
$331 Level 2 Home Charger
$120 For 50 ft 6 gauge wire (move existing 240v 50 amp plug in garage)
$35 For 50 amp breaker
$486 Total Home Charger Setup
-$145.80 Federal Tax Credit Home Charger (Form 8911)
$340.20 Total Level 2 Home Charger Setup

Purchased In Small Town Oregon
Live in Utah
Wow $2931 sales tax? I guess that is better than England but Oregon is zero tax.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not true. Oregon has had a sales tax on cars (not nearly as large as some states) for a few years now. It always surprises me how many Oregonians don’t know that.
Are you referring to the priviledge fee? That is a tax yes, but only on new hybrids to offset loss of fuel tax revenue, and to fund the OR phev rebate program. 0.5% I think. I bought a new Corolla hybrid 2 years ago and paid no sales tax.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oregon's vehicle taxes

Two Oregon vehicle taxes began January 1, 2018:
  • The vehicle privilege tax is a tax for the privilege of selling vehicles in Oregon.
  • The vehicle use tax applies to vehicles purchased from dealers outside of Oregon that are required to be registered and titled in Oregon.
One-half of 1 percent (.005) is due on the retail price of any taxable vehicle.

That is all vehicle privilege tax is for all vehicles sold in Oregon and is assigned to the buyer, not the dealer. If your purchase was prior to January 18, 2018, then there was no tax. and Privilege tax is simply Oregons word for sales tax. Remember this was not passed in accordance with any State laws or by any vote of the people. The Legislature and Governor passed it very quietly and from statements made outside of the passing and signing it is very clear that this was simply to get it on the record and that it will be raised. It does not need to go to the people to raise it either. This does not apply only to hybrids, it applies to all vehicles sold in Oregon by dealers. There is a lot of conversation and proposed bills in the Legislature however to add a tax for hybrid vehicles and several counties are also talking about doing that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah look on the bright side...it is only a few hundred dollars and with the Prime it will even out very soon by not paying gas taxes.

Oregon's elected officials are in office largely due to rigged vote counting I believe, but at least car taxes are reasonable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dealer Location: Oregon
Model Year: 2021
Trim: SE or XSE: SE
Packages: SE-Prime Weather and Moonroof Package, All-Weather-Liner Package, Blackout-Emblem Overlays
MSRP: $41,574
Sale Price: $41,574
Doc Fee: $115
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
Interest Rate and Bank (if financing): 0.99% 36 mo GEZA CU
Temporary Oregon Registration: $32
EST CORP AXT TAX: $158.42 (.38%)
One way rental for 2 days to pick it up: $163
Hotel: $185
Washington DMV Use Tax: roughly 10% of $21,575 ($20k exempt for EV) estimated $2,158.

Tires over-inflated to 41 PSI but otherwise no issues noticed.
Transaction went pretty smooth overall if you ignore 3 incorrect PO's (after we had signed and returned the correct one online), and salesman that didn't know the car very well.
In hindsight we could have driven down and back in the same day to avoid the hotel and reduced the car rental but it would have added stress.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well, this is the price for paying msrp in Canada. My dealership just told me that the wait is now 6 months plus. Fuck them, I am canceling my order and get an eBike instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question to anyone who lives in Texas and bought a car from out of state:
Did you have to take your car to an inspection station to get the car inspected (smoke/safety inspection)?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE w/Premium Pkg., Premium Audio, Weather Pkg.
1 Posts
Dealer Location: South Carolina
Model Year: 2021
Trim: SE or XSE: XSE
Packages: XSE-Premium Package, Premium Audio, Weather Package, carpet floor mats, Phone cable & Charge pkg., Special color (blizzard pearl)
MSRP: $49,566
Sale Price: $49,566
SC Sales tax: $500
Doc Fee: $399
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dealer Location:
Wilsonville, Oregon
Model Year:
Trim: SE or XSE
XSE
Packages: Weather and/or Audio and/or Premium
Audio
MSRP: $45,454 incl delivery
Sale Price: $ MSRP
Doc Fee: $115 + $35
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc):
EPP $699
XPEL $999

We take delivery in a week.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does anyone know of any dealerships within 100 miles of NYC selling XSE's @ MSRP price?
Both Cars.com and Autotrader.com will let you easily search dealers claimed inventory and their asking prices. Slightly different datasets between the two sites. They aren’t perfect, but will give you a good start. And they don’t ask you for personal information so the dealers try to contact you on their own.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - new here. I called some of the listed dealerships from a few pages ago that was charging MSRP but some are now asking for 5k above. Does anyone in the Mid Atlantic region have a lead of a dealership that will sell at MSRP? thank you.

edit - Koons Annapolis MD is asking 5k above. Jim Coleman Toyota MD has a 6-12 month wait. $500 nonrefundable deposit. I'd rather purchase one sooner than 6-12 months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi - new here. I called some of the listed dealerships from a few pages ago that was charging MSRP but some are now asking for 5k above. Does anyone in the Mid Atlantic region have a lead of a dealership that will sell at MSRP? thank you.

edit - Koons Annapolis MD is asking 5k above. Jim Coleman Toyota MD has a 6-12 month wait. $500 nonrefundable deposit. I'd rather purchase one sooner than 6-12 months.
Heritage Toyota Cantonville was selling SE’s at MSRP. First call was on Wed in Late July. 3 days later was driving it home.

·
Registered
2021 Prime SE
210 Posts
If a dealer can't sell at above MSRP, they might magically drop it to MSRP before the next allotment is allocated. I believe that they are not given a new one to sell if they haven't sold the last one (paraphrased). So you can keep trying and/or tell the salesman "lol I won't pay over MSRP, find another sucker" - after enough of that, you might find a dealer who'll deal. That's pretty much how I found mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If a dealer can't sell at above MSRP, they might magically drop it to MSRP before the next allotment is allocated. I believe that they are not given a new one to sell if they haven't sold the last one (paraphrased). So you can keep trying and/or tell the salesman "lol I won't pay over MSRP, find another sucker" - after enough of that, you might find a dealer who'll deal. That's pretty much how I found mine.
Thank you for the insight. I've never paid above MSRP for any vehicle and I do not plan to do so. I will keep trying and go from there. It's such a strange market - "can I pay full MSRP? Take my money!"

461 - 480 of 535 Posts