Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
481 - 500 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's such a strange market - "can I pay full MSRP? Take my money!"
In some ways it's easier to deal with than the normal market in which cars tend to sell for less than MSRP. Under those conditions you never quite know whether you could have gotten the car for less if you had just pushed a little harder. But in this market, you can be pretty certain that MSRP is the best deal you can get, so all you have to do is find a dealer who's willing to sell you one for that. That may be impossible in some regions but this thread provides plenty of evidence that it can be done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In some ways it's easier to deal with than the normal market in which cars tend to sell for less than MSRP. Under those conditions you never quite know whether you could have gotten the car for less if you had just pushed a little harder. But in this market, you can be pretty certain that MSRP is the best deal you can get, so all you have to do is find a dealer who's willing to sell you one for that. That may be impossible in some regions but this thread provides plenty of evidence that it can be done.
I completely agree. I appreciate everyone's input and moral support. Will keep trying this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bah - no luck at all with availability. The only ones that have them all want 5k above MSRP. :T
Luv Toyota in Lakeview , NY.
Matt, Aaron and Kelly were able to help me within a week. They were big movers of the Prius Prime so they seem to be faster to find a vehicle and I paid MSRP, SE with cold weather package + super floor mat's.
If not them, and you can wait, Melissa at Steve Landers Toyota in Arkansas might have one available in Oct

·
Registered
160 Posts
Luv Toyota in Lakeview , NY.
Matt, Aaron and Kelly were able to help me within a week. They were big movers of the Prius Prime so they seem to be faster to find a vehicle and I paid MSRP, SE with cold weather package + super floor mat's.
If not them, and you can wait, Melissa at Steve Landers Toyota in Arkansas might have one available in Oct
I got mine at Luv Toyota as well. I worked with Connie and she was wonderful. I bought from out of state and they worked with me. I took delivery and drove it back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If people keep buying at those rates they are morons for not selling to those morons

I said my ottd price max ie about 39-40k and got called back same day.

I am in socal

Just putting dealers against each other is how to get the better deal still in this market. A lot of panic buying just like tp at Costco

·
Registered
17 Posts
I made an offer on one and when the dealer said let's start the paperwork, I thought they accepted my offer. Unfortunately when they sent the paperwork, there was $5K added plus a $1200 security system. They agreed to remove the security system (they didn't even have the car, yet), but wouldn't budge on the $5K. After I walked away (disappointed like you), I was told that they had "pre-sold" it for $4K over + the security system. My wife has told me to just pay the markup, but that's too much over for me to justify.

Based on the numbers, I think the federal tax credit will be around for awhile, but am unsure about the state rebate (California) and a local rebate through my utility. If those go away, the price goes up and then paying the markup may not have been a bad idea 😀
I am in Los Angeles and got a Rav4 Prime PP from Longos. What is the local rebate from the utlity compnay? I am with SCE, LA County for Water and Trash.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Acton Toyota in Littleton, MA has 22 Primes listed on their website.
Not sure if there is a markup or how many are actually available.
Might be worth checking into if you are looking and can travel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does this out of the door price include sales taxe and the DMV fees? and the trim, SE or XSE? Thanks.
Yes, this price includes sales tax, DMV, documentation fee. $1500 CFR was also applied in this price. I have XSE with PP. Dealer added, Black emblems, roof racks, mud guards, door edge guard. This car also have the weather package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HAHA, I drove mine back to Houston,Tx!
Avoided Ida (barely!0 and did it in 2 days!
Great to see that someone from Houston Bought Prime and drove back. I am in Houston and ready to buy Prime. I can use your help and tips, off line, if you can. Thanks a bunch.
Mayank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know of any dealerships within 100 miles of NYC selling XSE's @ MSRP price?
Just bought an XSE (that I placed a deposit on about 5 weeks ago) for MSRP at Holman Toyota in Mount Laurel, NJ. Doug Priestley was my sales rep. Expected a markup upon delivery but they held true to their word.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought an XSE (that I placed a deposit on about 5 weeks ago) for MSRP at Holman Toyota in Mount Laurel, NJ. Doug Priestley was my sales rep. Expected a markup upon delivery but they held true to their word.
That's great. I am picking my SE from Holman in a couple of weeks. Any big push on the extended warranty or additional protection packages?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, they did push the warranties hard...but I didn't feel overly pressured. For all the massive potholes I hit in NYC I figured $300ish for tire and wheel protection was a decent offer. Overall it was a really good experience with their dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up my prime xse w/ no premium packages for MSRP at Holman Toyota. Finance person went over the extended warranties, I said I wasn't interested, the warranty pitch lasted less than a minute. They're handling all the out of state registration and plates. And will apparently reimburse for my state inspection when I get the plates and get it done. Very happy with the experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up my prime xse w/ no premium packages for MSRP at Holman Toyota. Finance person went over the extended warranties, I said I wasn't interested, the warranty pitch lasted less than a minute. They're handling all the out of state registration and plates. And will apparently reimburse for my state inspection when I get the plates and get it done. Very happy with the experience.
Who is the sales person you dealt with? Can you give breakdown of all charges other than MSRP? Thanks.

481 - 500 of 535 Posts