MSRP: $40,148 incl delivery
Sale Price: $MSRP
Doc Fee: $400
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc):
None

·
Registered
10 Posts
Who is the sales person you dealt with? Can you give breakdown of all charges other than MSRP? Thanks.
Sure.
Internet sales: Michael Gentile [email protected]
In person sales: Brian Horn [email protected]

MSRP: $41575
Weather package: $375
Heated ext mirrors, front seats, rear seats: $440
Special color: $425
All weather liners: $269
Mudguard: $129
Wheel lock: $65
Delivery, processing, handling: $1215
Total MSRP: $44493

Out of state tag fee: $45 (set by Pennsylvania)
Doc fee: $499
Registration/title fee: $113
Total: $45150 - trade in + PA state sales tax

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acton Toyota in Littleton, MA has 22 Primes listed on their website.
Not sure if there is a markup or how many are actually available.
Might be worth checking into if you are looking and can travel.

Just bought one there yesterday for MSRP, and the usual chisel on the trade for them to make up the difference (I am sure they read these). Bought an SE with the Weather (moonroof) package and it most likely arrives next week.

I am not sure what those 22 are that are listed, because they don't have any at all. The only one they had yesterday was a sold one (single car) and the only ones arriving over the next month are two of them one which I purchased.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought one there yesterday for MSRP, and the usual chisel on the trade for them to make up the difference (I am sure they read these). Bought an SE with the Weather (moonroof) package and it most likely arrives next week.

I am not sure what those 22 are that are listed, because they don't have any at all. The only one they had yesterday was a sold one (single car) and the only ones arriving over the next month are two of them one which I purchased.
Any recent price quotes/ status availability in Texas for Rav 4 Hybrid XSE in 2 tone Blizzard Pearl White & Midnight Metallic Black roof?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the PNW (Seattle), searching for a RAV4 Prime XSE in Supersonic Red and, so far, no luck.

None are being sent to Washington State. I've contacted a bunch of dealerships in Oregon, none had any in stock so far. One said there was a wait list 20 people long. I extended my search out to Northern California, and got a hit for one in metallic silver: it was being sold on a first come first serve basis, which is obviously impossible for me coming from Seattle. He asked if I wanted to fly out. Not that I was going to, but it would have been a big mistake: it was sold not some 2-3 hours later. (The quoted price was $56k)

Any advice welcome! (How does one actually buy a car remotely (and safely) anyhow?)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm in the PNW (Seattle), searching for a RAV4 Prime XSE in Supersonic Red and, so far, no luck.

None are being sent to Washington State. I've contacted a bunch of dealerships in Oregon, none had any in stock so far. One said there was a wait list 20 people long. I extended my search out to Northern California, and got a hit for one in metallic silver: it was being sold on a first come first serve basis, which is obviously impossible for me coming from Seattle. He asked if I wanted to fly out. Not that I was going to, but it would have been a big mistake: it was sold not some 2-3 hours later. (The quoted price was $56k)

Any advice welcome! (How does one actually buy a car remotely (and safely) anyhow?)
You just wait.
Even us paying "just" MSRP will look like idiots a year or two down the road.
Don't stress out over it. Your are not missing anything major.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You just wait.
Even us paying "just" MSRP will look like idiots a year or two down the road.
Don't stress out over it. Your are not missing anything major.
Well, unless you really need a car. The problem is that pretty much any decent car is hard to get/very expensive now, so it's only slightly more ridiculous to do something like fly out of state to buy the car you really want, compared with settling for one you don't like as much but is easier to get (yet still overpriced compared to a normal market). OTOH, if you have the luxury of waiting, that makes a LOT of sense right now.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
176 Posts
Well, unless you really need a car. The problem is that pretty much any decent car is hard to get/very expensive now, so it's only slightly more ridiculous to do something like fly out of state to buy the car you really want, compared with settling for one you don't like as much but is easier to get (yet still overpriced compared to a normal market). OTOH, if you have the luxury of waiting, that makes a LOT of sense right now.
Yup. My Honda Civic was totaled by a drunk driver while I was in bed. I went about three months without a car in a car-centric town/region. Buying a car at great expense almost became a necessity, even if it meant paying new car prices for a heavily used car. If I hadn't the luck I did and found a Prime at MSRP… well I probably wouldn't be here talking to you lot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup. My Honda Civic was totaled by a drunk driver while I was in bed. I went about three months without a car in a car-centric town/region. Buying a car at great expense almost became a necessity, even if it meant paying new car prices for a heavily used car. If I hadn't the luck I did and found a Prime at MSRP… well I probably wouldn't be here talking to you lot.
Ugg... glad you weren't in the Civic when that happened. I kind of like the moral of the story, though: spend more time in bed! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow. The driver could not have made it much worse if they were intentionally trying to damage your cars.
That video so clearly shows what happened it almost looks like it was staged but I doubt the lighting was sufficient to pick up a license or enough to identify the vehicle.
That stinks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow. The driver could not have made it much worse if they were intentionally trying to damage your cars.
That video so clearly shows what happened it almost looks like it was staged but I doubt the lighting was sufficient to pick up a license or enough to identify the vehicle.
That stinks
I put these cameras up in 2020. Even though that sorry excuse for a human won't face any punishment, I at least had evidence for police/insurance, though neither of them cared to collect it. They just assumed I was telling the truth and processed it as is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello
I am in Michigan and we don't have any primes here. I spoke with one of the dealers in Maryland and he told me that if you are going to register outside Maryland, there will be a $3000 surcharge over MSRP. has anyone seen that?
He also told me that you have to do the title and pay taxes for your state at the dealership. Toyota does not allow selling the cars with temporary registration.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Find another dealer.
Lots of people have bought out-of-state (myself included) and I have never heard of a surcharge for it.
I purchased a temporary license to drive from Oregon to my home state Washington from the Toyota dealer in Oregon less than a month ago.
I know some dealers are trying to reduce the out-of-state purchases and I can understand why in some cases.
The only thing the dealership got from us was profit on the original sale and a few $$ for normal doc/title/etc. fees.
No service business, add-on extras, maintenance contracts, financing, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello
I am in Michigan and we don't have any primes here. I spoke with one of the dealers in Maryland and he told me that if you are going to register outside Maryland, there will be a $3000 surcharge over MSRP. has anyone seen that?
He also told me that you have to do the title and pay taxes for your state at the dealership. Toyota does not allow selling the cars with temporary registration.

I have been involved with four of these out of state purchases for Primes and there are dealers out there that are more accommodating to out of state buyers such as myself from Illinois. The only state that I have run into that does not allow temp tags is Massachusetts and that's a state law and not something Toyota dictates. Currently working with a dealership in NJ who has been great to work with and selling their Primes for MSRP. They might have one (SE) to sell if you are in the market for that trim. PM for details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Find another dealer.
Lots of people have bought out-of-state (myself included) and I have never heard of a surcharge for it.
I purchased a temporary license to drive from Oregon to my home state Washington from the Toyota dealer in Oregon less than a month ago.
I know some dealers are trying to reduce the out-of-state purchases and I can understand why in some cases.
The only thing the dealership got from us was profit on the original sale and a few $$ for normal doc/title/etc. fees.
No service business, add-on extras, maintenance contracts, financing, etc.
Thank you

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello
Just want to echo what others have said, find another dealer. I bought out of state and walked out paying MSRP + my local tax + registration. That's it. They're bending you over backwards with that $3,000 BS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a confession to make.
I have been thinking the folks buying XSEs are totally nuts because they are not going to get the $7.5k tax credit for cars they are buying over $45k. Why on earth would people pay that much more for the XSE - It just didn't make any sense to me.
Well, yesterday we went in to pay our Washington State use tax and I realized it was the State sales tax exemption that limits the price of a vehicle to $45k - The federal credit has no such limit. It doesn't change anything for me - I'm still happy with getting the SE so I can get both credits but I'm glad I didn't say anything about it until now.

By the way - The senate wants to limit the cost of qualified vehicles to $40k and income of qualified parties to $100k. Not sure why they are bothering with the other changes in works but who knows.

501 - 520 of 535 Posts