Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
541 - 560 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our Central to Southern California Toyota dealers all wanted $10k over MSRP, in January '21, so we got the XLE hybrid for $1800 below MSRP. I have a CA seller's license, but these guys won't budge! 38 mpg at 77 mph up the Grapevine to Sacramento and back. Pulls a Uhaul 1000 lb trailer trailer with ease at 29.1 mpg. Added OEM hitch, 7-pin plug, extra 10 AWD power line, AirLift spring bags and Delare Tranny Cooler.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Prime SE for over 10k asking price. :cry: Whatever, Ive been to the gas station 3 times over the last few months. My last car got around 20mpg. This car is totally worth it. The government is wanting to mandate electric cars yet theyre allowing dealers to upcharge the asking price thus putting out a huge audience that would buy an electric vehicle lol. I like the idea of using electric to commute and then long distance to use motor and still get 41mpg!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Located in SC, but purchased RAV4 Prime SE in NY for MSRP. Toyota added moonroof to SE, but that was it. Dealer document feee was $500. Toyota should be incentivized dealers to stay at MSPR given they are managing the inventory across the country.

VW seems to be doing a better job managing their dealers on the EV ID4 pricing. When complaints arrive VW seems to assist buyers and pricing reverts back to MSRP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For anybody looking, 216 new permanent VINs posted today after an 11 day hiatus. Only allocated to the following 5 states: CT, IA, NJ, NY, OR. The majority seem to be available (no DealerHold flag set)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dealer Location: Southern California
Model Year: 2021
Trim: XSE
Packages: Premium Package (includes Prem. Audio/Weather), Roof Rack Crossbars, Body sided Molding, Carpet Floor mat pkg, Door edge guard, Rear Bumper Applique, Mudguards
MSRP: $49,781.00 (includes $1215 dealer processing/handling fee)
Sale Price: $52,371.00 (includes $2590.00 markup in the form of dealer add-ons, see below)
Documentation Fee: $637.75 + $30 MVSC
Sales Tax: CA tax of $5377
Dealer Add ons ($1295 WeatherTec all weather interior liners, cargo and floor, $1295 for door protection package (supposedly handle cup guards and installation of edges of doors) These were the non-negotiable dealer markups added to the car due to demand.

Other miscellaneous credits:
California Clean Fuel reward: $1500 (subtracted from total due)
Federal EV credit: $7500 (to be refunded as tax credit next year)

I will have to say that I had at one point considered trading in my rav4 hybrid earlier this year, but the markups were about $10K over MSRP and my current loan was a 0% 60mo/loan from Toyota Financial. The only reason I took the dive to get a prime was because Toyota had offered me $39,200 for my rav4 limited 2020, which I had to negotiate with an offer from carmax which they matched. The $7500+$1500 credit/rebate, fuel cost and the carpool lane sticker (not to mention the acceleration on the prime) made it a good reason to upgrade, which makes this my 3rd rav4 in the past 2 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If people keep buying at those rates they are morons for not selling to those morons

I said my ottd price max ie about 39-40k and got called back same day.

I am in socal

Just putting dealers against each other is how to get the better deal still in this market. A lot of panic buying just like tp at Costco
Did you really get one at 40k OTD in SoCal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer Location: Oregon
Model Year: 2021
Trim: SE or XSE: SE
Packages: SE-Prime Weather and Moonroof Package, All-Weather-Liner Package, Blackout-Emblem Overlays
MSRP: $41,574
Sale Price: $41,574
Doc Fee: $115
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): None
Interest Rate and Bank (if financing): 0.99% 36 mo GEZA CU
Temporary Oregon Registration: $32
EST CORP AXT TAX: $158.42 (.38%)
One way rental for 2 days to pick it up: $163
Hotel: $185
Washington DMV Use Tax: roughly 10% of $21,575 ($20k exempt for EV) estimated $2,158.

Tires over-inflated to 41 PSI but otherwise no issues noticed.
Transaction went pretty smooth overall if you ignore 3 incorrect PO's (after we had signed and returned the correct one online), and salesman that didn't know the car very well.
In hindsight we could have driven down and back in the same day to avoid the hotel and reduced the car rental but it would have added stress.
Would you mind sharing the name of the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Royal Moore Toyota, in Hillsboro, Oregon. Ask for Mileisy Suckow (sp?). They show some SE’s coming in and I got mine there at MSRP, without any markup or dealer add-on.
Awesome, thanks so much! I'll report back if I'm successful

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ve been lurking the forums for the past few months as I’ve interested in a Prime at some point.

I visited Acton Toyota of Littleton in MA today, they are adding 3K markup over MSRP on primes just an FYI.
Atlantic Toyota in Lynn Ma is marking up primes $2000 over msrp. They had two available last week, now gone. The day before going to Atlantic I found one in NH at McGee in Epping.. Came off truck that day, negotiated for $2500 over sticker, from $5k. Totally loaded xse, every option. $49400 sticker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in the PNW (Seattle), searching for a RAV4 Prime XSE in Supersonic Red and, so far, no luck.

None are being sent to Washington State. I've contacted a bunch of dealerships in Oregon, none had any in stock so far. One said there was a wait list 20 people long. I extended my search out to Northern California, and got a hit for one in metallic silver: it was being sold on a first come first serve basis, which is obviously impossible for me coming from Seattle. He asked if I wanted to fly out. Not that I was going to, but it would have been a big mistake: it was sold not some 2-3 hours later. (The quoted price was $56k)

Any advice welcome! (How does one actually buy a car remotely (and safely) anyhow?)
Atlantic Toyota in Lynn MA had one or two supersonic red prime xse last week. Not on their website now.
They mark up $2000 over sticker. You might call them. Car transporter can deliver anywhere for $2k or less.
Found one at another dealer in state for me in NH, coming off the truck. Snagged it and drove it home next day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
meant to say drove it home same day, left the limping 2006 bmw 330xi in need of $7k in repairs there, glad to have gotten $2k for it. Book value of bmw was $3500.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Atlantic Toyota in Lynn MA had one or two supersonic red prime xse last week. Not on their website now.
They mark up $2000 over sticker. You might call them. Car transporter can deliver anywhere for $2k or less.
Found one at another dealer in state for me in NH, coming off the truck. Snagged it and drove it home next day.
What, if anything, was the markup over sticker that you paid in NH?

(BTW there's an "Edit Post" function that you can use to add stuff to a post, rather than making a second post. Click the 3 dot menu at the top left of the post. ;))

·
Registered
20 Posts
Atlantic Toyota in Lynn Ma is marking up primes $2000 over msrp. They had two available last week, now gone. The day before going to Atlantic I found one in NH at McGee in Epping.. Came off truck that day, negotiated for $2500 over sticker, from $5k. Totally loaded xse, every option. $49400 sticker.
I just called Atlantic Toyota. They "say" they are charging $1500 over list for SE Primes. Not sure if they have any cars though. No Primes showing in their inventory.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What, if anything, was the markup over sticker that you paid in NH?

(BTW there's an "Edit Post" function that you can use to add stuff to a post, rather than making a second post. Click the 3 dot menu at the top left of the post. ;))
Thanks for the info on editing posts !
McGee in epping nh wanted $5000 mark up over sticker . Atlantic in Lynn ma wanted $2000 for xse. Used atlantics email to talk McGee down from $5000 over sticker to $2500 over sticker . 5 percent . I can pay that .
Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

541 - 560 of 634 Posts