Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
621 - 640 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
These add on warranties look good, but remember, they aren't added on to the base new car warranty, they start at Date in Service.
So the "4 YEAR, 65,000 miles for $550.00 " is really concurrent with the 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty that comes with the new car. And that 4 YEAR, 65,000 miles extended warranty, , should clearly say "whichever comes first". So if you only drive 10,000 miles a year, and only have 40,000 miles at the 4 year mark, too bad, your extended warranty is over.
In this case, you get one more year added on to the new car warranty. See what limitations the extended warranty has too; probably not "routine wear" items like rotors, pads and calipers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Turns out our dealership doesn't sell the Toyota Care extended warranties. Said they had too much trouble getting claims honored & processed. They use another company called Revolos, better coverage and easier to work with. That's the story anyway. My mother's 10yr/125K warranty was quite a bit more expensive than the numbers shared by @javadoo and @generaltso but apparently isn't directly comparable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Turns out our dealership doesn't sell the Toyota Care extended warranties. Said they had too much trouble getting claims honored & processed. They use another company called Revolos, better coverage and easier to work with. That's the story anyway. My mother's 10yr/125K warranty was quite a bit more expensive than the numbers shared by @javadoo and @generaltso but apparently isn't directly comparable.
I'm sure they sell another warranty because it has a higher profit margin, no other reason

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've heard Troy doesn't like to sell you the warranty if you already bought from selling dealer and canceled. but there are a couple other places that seem to do it no problem
You don’t have to immediately buy the extended warranty after cancelling from the selling dealer. You can get it before the 3yr/36k warranty expires. Bought from Troy before and it was easy as it can be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Warranty claims can sometimes be challenging. That said, I would think you would get the best service from a manufacturer's policy, Maybe, the only disadvantage (which is debatable) is that the warranty claims will have to be done at the manufacturer's dealership. I would also challenge the salespersons claims and/or motives. Like why would the salesperson be claiming that the warranty for the company he is supposed too be representing has concerns? A search shows that Revolos has the same warranty claim concerns.

Revolos Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.warrantydirect.com (trustpilot.com)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer Location: Rochester nh
Model Year:2021
Trim: SE
Packages: Weather
MSRP: $41343.00
Sale Price: $41243.00
Doc Fee: 400
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc):
Interest Rate and Bank (if financing):.99% from Penfed
How exactly did you get .99% from PenFed? I'm on waiting list for SE and dealer will give me a heads up when it's shipping out so I can get loan stuff done, not sure how to go about this...

·
Registered
Prime XSE Premium.
656 Posts
Outlier here, 7 additional years, up to 100K, for less than 200 a year is cheap protection to me. Had extended on my Prius, it more than paid for itself. Didn't have extended on the Prius v, could have really used it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought my R4P this past Friday. SE with the moonroof package for 41,800 ish MSRP. Dealer tried to hit me with a markup to 48,880, but I negotiated down to $45,160 with the extra 5 years of Toyota-care and the 100,000 mile 7 year warranty. This was with 1k Down, and a 30K trade in of my Tundra which I still owed 12K on. So Basically 19K Down. I probably could have further fought the price down, Given that they will sell that Tundra for like 50K to a business who doesn't care because it will be a tax write-off.... but this was the last one on the lot and there was another couple there also looking for it but I happened to get there minutes before them so I didn't want to let the dealer walk away from the deal.
Is $45160 a drive out price?
Which ealership ou bought from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer Location: Autonation Irvine
Model Year: 2021
Packages: Weather , moon roof ,all weather mats, rear bumper applique, roof rack

paid MSRP + 1000. I got all windows tint because I am paying 1000 on MSRP. From texas purchased in california so did not get california 1500 tax rebate but will get 7500 federal rebate
Just checked with these guys and they are up to..... " our mark up is accessories for $4,085." But no Primes coming in,
The best I have found available in Central to Southern CA is +$5k. The flip-side is my MDX coming off lease is now worth +$9000 at end of lease next month. Dealers and the entire supply chain are hurting......and this could last awhile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This thread makes me feel better about my impulse buy. Local dealer found me a Prime while looking for my niece a base RAV4 and I bought it sight unseen without the normal research I put into a vehicle purchase. It is a SE with Weather and moonroof with LED interior lights, full front hood/door paint protection film, and phone cable charger.
I paid $42439 (MSRP) plus SC sales tax cap of $500 so with doc fee I was out the door with a bit over $43k and luckily can take advantage of the full $7500 tax incentive. I financed for a good rate and figure at worst if I find something else I'd rather have in a year or 18 months I can sell it for nearly what I have in it and move on.
FWIW I bought a 21' Land Cruiser Heritage edition and a 21' TRD Pro Tundra from the same dealer in the last 12 months, so they might have went out of the way a little to help me.....so far the Prime is my go to vehicle for anything less than 40 mile trip which is most of my driving these days. It is surprisingly quick, nimble and fun to drive for drives that normally are just a chore...fun to eek out EV range and have fun driving responsibly at the speed limit for once.

·
Registered
SW R4P SE
21 Posts
Dealer Location: Hudson Toyota, Jersey City, NJ
Model Year: 2021
Color: Super White
Packages: Weather with Moonroof (mudguards and weather mats)
Deposit: $500 (prior to delivery)
MSRP: $41,977
Sale Price: $41,977
Doc Fee: $499
Total License & Fees: $83.75
Dealer Add-Ons (extended warranty, tint, paint protectant, etc): N.A.
Interest Rate and Bank (if financing): N.A.
Date of Purchase: early-October 2021

Thanks to posters and their PM's to me for making this MSRP purchase a reality. I spent 5-6 hours (total) identifying dealers (E Coast and mid-Atlantic) that had near-term availability (2~3 weeks).

621 - 640 of 676 Posts