Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

A little delayed on my new member posting here. Bought a used 2007 RAV4 Ltd with the V6 a couple of years ago. We purchased it 1. Toyota reliability (more on that in a moment) 2. Comfortable front seats 3. Best rear seat space of any small SUV we test drove. We spend a lot of time with 2 (sometimes 3) adults in the back seat and the RAV is much better than any other small SUV we've seen.

Sadly, #1 hasn't really been true in our case. Probably got swindled by the Ford dealership we bought it from because the dreaded EVAP engine code light came on about a week after we had it. Fixed a broken air filter intake housing on the canister (that should have been noticed by the repair shop we took it to for presale inspection!), then immediately got a legitimate O2 code (now fixed) and back to the 2 day pressurization cycle nonsense *sigh*. Now, we have some idler pulley wine that will be fixed shortly.

But, we do love driving it. It handles well, the V6 has plenty of power and we love the interior space.

Thanks to all the posters here, its got me up to speed on our vehicle more than I ever would have on my own!

jmreg

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congrats jmreg - the Gen3 v6's are sweet.
- sorry to hear, your Ford salesman, passed on a few misgivings in your purchase
- almost pays to have a euc reader, for code errors / prior to purchase
- or have the dealership prove nothing was reset, prior to taking over the keys

I always thought our 2008 RAV4 Limited v6 had roomy rear seats / but have never used them.
- we fold down the driver side rear seat & put a comfy dog bed on the carpeted seat back...all doggy friendly (LOL)
- we also bought used, from a Doctor (found locally on line)
- 40,000 miles later, only replaced the old battery with an AGM one plus replaced a $90 rear axle stabilizer link / besides a new set of tires & synthetic oil changes
- its been the most enjoyable vehicle, we have ever owned...in over 4 decades
- and literally a tank, on winter snow packed & icy roads

1 - 2 of 2 Posts