Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago we bought a 2012 Camry V6 XLE for the wife at a Toyota dealer. I noticed the tires were Ohtsu and the salesman told me that Toyota is putting them on a lot of vehicles.:surprise

Both wife and I checked them out on the web and they seem to have good ratings for an all season tire to include winter use.:smile

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
First I've heard of that brand name.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same with me. first time I ever saw or heard of that brand was buying the vehicle. The salesman told me he doesn't even know how to pronounce the brand name.

On this site by June Bug on 12-09-2010 as follows

"From Wikipedia:

Falken Tire Corporation is a Japanese manufacturer of automobile tires. Originally created in 1983 as a brand for Ohtsu Tire and Rubber to sell their lineup of performance tires under, Falken became part of Sumitomo Rubber Industries (SRI) when they acquired Ohtsu in 2003. Currently, Falken is paired with fellow SRI brand Dunlop Tyres to form Dunlop Falken Tires, Ltd., the parent group of Falken Tire Corporation."

·
Registered
599 Posts
I did 6 months of tyre fitting many years ago and I have seen that name once, it was on a pair of really old farm trailer tyres and their inner-tubes (good thick ones for river tubing :), so the company has definitely been around a long time, I just figured they did light truck and agricultural tyres.

But then I always figured Kenda was just making bicycle and wheelbarrow/OTR tyres, now every second car on the road seems to use Kenda radials!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts