Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my 2006 diesel rav 4 mostly short trips. In the manual the suggested oil change is every 10,000 km. I do change it every 7,500. However just bofore oil changes after high rev to idle I get sometimes the low oil pressure alarm for an instant. Do I have to make more frequent oil changes?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Hello, Victor. This RAV4 owner's forum is mostly North America based although there are some members in Europe and countries on other continents. Unfortunately there are no diesel RAV4s sold in North America. You probably would receive more help by contacting one of the forums which are more based in Europe and the U.K. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhhh I
see thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong place

·
Registered
424 Posts
You have a diesel RAV4! If it has a manual transmission . . . will you sell it to me? You're one lucky fella.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How is the oil level, usually the light will turn on when the oil level is too low...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil level is ok just above the acceptable level on district

·
Registered
36 Posts
not familiar with that engine, guess its not an option in norway.
if you got an engine code i could try searching internaly for it

·
Registered
36 Posts
first of check the wires and connector to the low oil level sensor... if u drivven the vehicle in high snow it might have cut the wire (did that on my old rav)

else i know that some ravs with the 2AD engines have had a problem with the oil strainer.

that will cause the oil preassure to drop, and eventualy broken engine.

its not really a quick job to check that, but id reccomand it if u dont see anything else that could cause it.

edit:
the oil strainer goes bad due to leaking seats on the injectors in these engines (im stupid for not telling ya)

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Ohhhhh I
see thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong place

I did move your question to a more suitable area of the forum. There are folks with diesels here but most, not all, are from the UK. Most of us in North America have never even seen a diesel RAV4. Either way all are here to help if we can. Welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts