Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in the Portland area next weekend and I'll probably be due for an oil change at that time. Could anybody recommend any oil change places? I don't mind going to a Toyota dealer with Express Lube service. If I can't find a place, I'll just buy a genuine Toyota filter from a dealer and get the oil change done at Jiffy Lube. Thanks. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Kelly works down there, he might be able to let you know. Mine has to be changed so often I do it myself. I have been living in an apartment but I just bought a house with a GARAGE. It will be a blast to have a place to work on my RAV with all my tools handy.
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelly Smith said:
I use http://precisiontune.com/index.html 8)
Usually runs around $22 or less. I know I could do it myself for less... but I'm lazy :D
Thanks, Kelly! Does Precision Tune accept or require appointments?

I guess I'll see how it goes next Friday or Saturday when I arrive in the Portland area.

I actually e-mailed Gresham Toyota. They called me back and told me that Express Lube service is a first-come, first-served service.

I just checked my odometer again... I might need to get it done in Yakima, WA instead!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,345 Posts
EHinthe604 said:
Does Precision Tune accept or require appointments?
I THINK they take appointments... but not sure. I always go mid-week. I'd assume it's bussier on the weekends.

EHinthe604 said:
I actually e-mailed Gresham Toyota. They called me back and told me that Express Lube service is a first-come, first-served service.
Gresham Toyota is who did my timing belt / water pump about 60k miles ago. Seems to be an OK dealership/shop. If you use them... tell them Kelly from RAV4World.com sent you and you want the RAV4World.com member discount :wink: :roll: (just kidding... but it can't hurt to ask :lol: )
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kelly Smith said:
EHinthe604 said:
Does Precision Tune accept or require appointments?
I THINK they take appointments... but not sure. I always go mid-week. I'd assume it's bussier on the weekends.

EHinthe604 said:
I actually e-mailed Gresham Toyota. They called me back and told me that Express Lube service is a first-come, first-served service.
Gresham Toyota is who did my timing belt / water pump about 60k miles ago. Seems to be an OK dealership/shop. If you use them... tell them Kelly from RAV4World.com sent you and you want the RAV4World.com member discount :wink: :roll: (just kidding... but it can't hurt to ask :lol: )
I'll try asking... :lol: Thanks for your info. :)

One more thing about Precision Tune... is it one of those drive-in, drive-out places (like Jiffy Lube), or do you have to hand over your keys and wait in the waiting area?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,345 Posts
EHinthe604 said:
One more thing about Precision Tune... is it one of those drive-in, drive-out places (like Jiffy Lube), or do you have to hand over your keys and wait in the waiting area?
The one I go to in Vancouver is set up so you hand over your keys and wait in the waiting area.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top