Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rav4 failed the oil consumption test. so they gonna do the repair. they ask me to change the water pump, serpentine belt and other stuff just like this topic http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/179522-recalls-oil-consumption-test-3.html.

i want to buy the most expensive parts online because i can get a better deal
i just need the parts number of each part. valve seals, serpentine belt, water pump, cam seals and any other parts.

example:

Toyota Part No.: 16100-28041
PUMP ASSY, ENGINE WATER

also a change of the oil pump is necesary?? did the dealer offer a car loan or something??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do i need also this parts

9091602652 - SERPENTINE BELT
RAV4; 2.4L

166200H021 - SERPENTINE TENSIONER
RAV4; 2.4L

both?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oil Consumption test - Beware

I went in for the test procedure today.
Advising the service manager - I specificaly wanted to see the oil level on the dip stick before they sealed it.
He came back said it was all done and I was ready to go.
Paperwork in hand with the mechanics diagram marking the level at the full mark, PERFECTLY!
I reminded him I wanted to see the level, he said it was already sealed up.
Needless to say he took the seal off, we looked at it together.
Yes it was obviously well over the full mark.
I watched the mechanic drain some of the oil, and it looked like almost a quart.
When I left it was exactly on the full mark.

I advise everyone to verify the level along with the service manager, before Toyota seals it for this test.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I went in for the test procedure today.
Advising the service manager - I specificaly wanted to see the oil level on the dip stick before they sealed it.
He came back said it was all done and I was ready to go.
Paperwork in hand with the mechanics diagram marking the level at the full mark, PERFECTLY!
I reminded him I wanted to see the level, he said it was already sealed up.
Needless to say he took the seal off, we looked at it together.
Yes it was obviously well over the full mark.
I watched the mechanic drain some of the oil, and it looked like almost a quart.
When I left it was exactly on the full mark.

I advise everyone to verify the level along with the service manager, before Toyota seals it for this test.
Glad they couldn't pull the wool over your eyes! My only problem would be entrusting the replacement of my engine to these guys.:frown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts