Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Rav 4 doesnt burn oil or leak oil, but I have to keep adding oil every 3 weeks. What gives ??????:frown

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My 2006 Rav 4 doesnt burn oil or leak oil, but I have to keep adding oil every 3 weeks. What gives ?
Are you aware of the "oil consumption test" Toyota is providing for the 2006-2008 4-cyl RAVs? They'll test it for free and fix it if you burn more than 1 quart in 1200 miles.

There are plenty of threads on this topic, here's one of them:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/179522-recalls-oil-consumption-test.html

You better get on it ASAP as the deadline for the 2006 models is end of October, 2016, for USA. After that, it is based on 10-years of first date in service. It is available to any owner, even if no longer in warranty.

Reactions: sparky52

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
Sparky52 -

There is no need to ask the same question in multiple posts. The others have been deleted. If you have questions about your oil burning 2006 RAV post them here please. Do not start another thread on this same subject.

Thanks

Reactions: sparky52

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blogson, I just checked my post, and yes there were to post labeled Oil disappears. I quess I didnt think the first time it went in ? I dont know why 2 times ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RTexasF, I just checked my post, and yes there were to post labeled Oil disappears. I quess I didnt think the first time it went in ? I dont know why 2 times ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts