Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the oil fill cap on the top of the engine needs to have o-ring? Mine dosen't have o-ring and I noticed when I open the cap there's oil on the top of the engine oil fill hole.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I just took mine off and there is a rubber o-ring. The o-ring should be flush to the edge and it is a black rubber. This is the part number for 2008 to 2020 : 9008043025

I see Amazon carry it for $8.24 but their fitment guide is off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the new o-ring from Toyota but it looks too tall and once you put it on the cap there's little thread left. Maybe I have the wrong cap?

Can you post a picture of your cap with the o-ring.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I got the new o-ring from Toyota but it looks too tall and once you put it on the cap there's little thread left. Maybe I have the wrong cap?

Can you post a picture of your cap with the o-ring.
Perhaps you have a o-ring on it already. If you press under the cap it should be hard that means there is no o-ring. If it is soft there is an o-ring there and you need to remove the old one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pull the old gasket and install the new gasket that I bought from the Toyota dealer. The new Gasket didn't fit perfectly. I bought a new cap and the gasket in the new cap is different from the new gasket I bought. The part guy double check the gasket part number and it was correct. I return the gasket and kept the cap.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I pull the old gasket and install the new gasket that I bought from the Toyota dealer. The new Gasket didn't fit perfectly. I bought a new cap and the gasket in the new cap is different from the new gasket I bought. The part guy double check the gasket part number and it was correct. I return the gasket and kept the cap.

Thank you for your help!
Glad you got that worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts