Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find a reference to the oil filter #, so the local parts store can cross match the factory filter to one commercially available. Also, can't find a local oil change outfit who stocks the filter yet. They tell me to find the filter and bring it to them, then they'll change the oil for me.

Thrying to find a way to avoid spending $50 at the dealer for a simple oil change.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
50 dollars??? were do you go that charges you that much. My dealer has the Toyota Ouick Lube and it is only $19.00. I let them do it so I don't have to fool around with the waste oil and laying on a cool floor, plus for any warranty questions that might pop up Toyota can't say no.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'd get a new local parts store if they can't look up an oil filter for you. http://www.pureoil.com says it's Purolator # PL14477 (or cheapo L14477). Same as the Toyota filter OF-10 which you can buy at the dealer for 3.99. I'd get a new dealer if they want $50 for an oil change.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well it's 2 for $7.99 with a coupon they send me nearly every month. And I have gone in there without the coupon and said I left it home and they gave it to me anyway. Not sure of the list price.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The OEM Toyota filters I used to get from the local dealer are ~$5 but now I use the PureOne filters since they are the same price at the auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts