Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum. I recently purchased a 2015 Rav4 with 19,500 miles. Still has some factory warranty left. This car will see a lot of yearly miles put on it, requiring quite a few of traditional oil changes. I am wondering if I should switch to a full synthetic oil. Are there any concerns with this switch and any concerning the warranty?
Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Per the owner's manual, use 0W20 synthetic and follow the recommended maintenance schedule. Switching over won't causing any issues.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your 2015 Rav only uses 0W20 full synthetic oil. Anything else is NOT recommended. I use Mobil 1 0W20.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hello forum. I recently purchased a 2015 Rav4 with 19,500 miles. Still has some factory warranty left. This car will see a lot of yearly miles put on it, requiring quite a few of traditional oil changes. I am wondering if I should switch to a full synthetic oil. Are there any concerns with this switch and any concerning the warranty?
Thanks
It should say what the oil weight on the oil filler cap 0w 20 is full synthetic oil. I believe all Rav4 after 2012 have 0w20. If you change your oil by yourself and you like Pennzoil they have a 2 dollar a quart rebate now so if your by 5 quart jugs its $10 off. I've used the rebate and got the check back in 5 weeks. Mobil 1 also has rebates from time to time.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-0W20-Platinum-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Qt/123640799

$2 Per Quart Rebate Offer | United States

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mobil 1 it is. The Rav is in my son's possession and I haven't seen the manual. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thanks
Brewski avatar looks tasty, I better go find one....

For 2015, your RAV came with the synthetic oil and the spec is 12 months or 10k miles, whichever comes first to maintain your warranty. If you have a lot of highway miles, that seems like a good oil change interval to me.

You can go to Toyota.com/owners website and get a maintenance schedule; and you can enter your VIN, add your own home services for documentation in the Service History to keep it kopasetic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts