Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

OK boys and girls...I went and ordered my RAV4

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SeriousBlack 
#1 ·
Limited V6 with 4WD. Everglade. Moonroof, air bags all around, and tow prep package.
I went to the Toyots dealer that Sam's Club sent me to. I wanted to see the Everglade in person and wated to drive the car, and then get a price. I was a little surprized that the Everglade isn't as GREEN as I thought it would be. But my wife likes a color that is a little different. The salesperson showed us that at different angles and distances, you do see the green, so I am sure it will grow on me. With all the cars I have purchased over the last 25 years, I wanted a sunroof, and it never happened. Now it has. I wanted the tow prep package, not because I do any towing, but cars in the midwest do get extremely hot on those summer days. Anyway... the dealer told me that the Sam's Club price was only $300 off the MSRP, and they weren't offering any more off. I told them that I was looking to get more off than that. The "sales manager" came in and told us that they would knock another $100 off if we bought today, and then gave me the supply and demand lecture. I told him no, that I will look for a better price elsewhere. We went to St Charles Toyota (that is only about 7 miles from my house), told them what the other dealer offered, and asked them to beat that. They did by a few hundred more, and the sales tax here is less than at the other dealer. So I figure I got about $700 off of MSRP. Next to having a root canal, my wife's worst dislike is to haggle with car salespeople. I figure I could play around for a while longer and maybe get a little better price, but it's ordered. They said 3 to 5 weeks, but also said that they would do a search of the other dealers and see if they can do a trade. So, I told them just to call the first dealer, because they had exactly what I wanted. So, you never know. I can wait (anxiously). So I am finally glad to tell you all that I did it. Thanks for all the information I have gathered from this site over the past 3 weeks. It helped to make a few choices that I wouldn't have been sure about otherwise....
I will be around for a while.
I hope to be ableto take pictures before 3 to 5 weeks ......
:)

See less See more
G
#4 ·
If I'm not mistaken sales tax is calculated by where you live, not from where you buy..

Congrats on the green...I would love to see the pix.....

Hope you went to each dealer with cotton in your mouth...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.