Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....... before I start prying on them like an idiot, can anyone tell me the correct way to remove the side signal light lenses? They are found on both front fenders, mine are clear with an orange bulb inside, and I just want to take the lenses off, tint them, and fire them back on. Thanks for any help, Jamie.

·
Registered
685 Posts
To my knowledge the CDN models don't have them......last RAV year here that did was '97.........then was discontinued.....
I think they're great, turn them on with someone beside you and it terrifies them........j/k.....ha,ha.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Photo

parkwaycruiser said:
Can you post a photo?
There is a photo on page 2 of the album, you can see it fairly well on the 3rd pic in (black Rav, heinznfries user name). The signal lense is just below and to the left of the side view mirror.... it's a clear lense right below the little VVT-i logo.

There doesn't seem to be any acces to it from under the hood, nor from the cockpit so I'm wondering if it just prys off. Then again it could be weather sealed and I don't want to break anything by prying if it's "glued" on there.

·
Registered
682 Posts
it slides and snap fits into place. move the light with some force towards the front of the car and it should pop out. if this doesnt work move it towards the rear and it should pop out. i've dome this many times on my rav without any probs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mohit said:
it slides and snap fits into place. move the light with some force towards the front of the car and it should pop out. if this doesnt work move it towards the rear and it should pop out. i've dome this many times on my RAV without any probs.

Just with my fingers do you mean??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts