Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
price? Does Toy add on a $600 marketing fee? Sorry, Im new to Toys.

·
Registered
271 Posts
In my case, dealer invoice includes 2% holdback, 1% finance reserve, regional & local advertising fee ($600), and delivery fee. Edmund invoice price does not include holdback, finance reserve, and advertising fee. Based on my understanding, advertising fee is not negotiable. Holdback and finance reserve are negotiable. If you pay close to the offer price at fitzmall.com, I think you're doing a good job. It took me 3 weeks to beat fitzmall price. Good luck.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, heres what I have so far. When I tally up the options and include dest charge, Im almost $600 off. This extra $600 must be some kind of advertising fee. Is this common for Toy?

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
If you've already added the Destination Charge, then there may be some other regional fee or localized addition.

The price breakdown doesn't show anything extra?

KBB

Edmunds (note the "advertising fees" and "Regional Adjustment")
Advertising Fees
The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees.

If an advertising fee appears on the invoice, it is an actual cost that the dealer paid to the manufacturer when buying the vehicle. In other cases dealers may choose to write in their own ad fees on the consumer sales contract. However, in either case these advertising fees are just one example of the dealer's cost of doing business. As with all such dealer-itemized fees, consumers should treat as "negotiable" any advertising fee they are asked to pay.

Many consumers attempt to determine the dealer's "actual cost" for a vehicle and then "allow" for the dealer to make some profit. However, the invoice price is almost always higher than the amount the dealer actually ends up paying to the manufacturer. This results from a variety of discounts offered to the dealer that do not appear on the invoice. The two most common discounts are "dealer holdback," and "manufacturer-to-dealer cash" - both of which are available on Edmunds.com - but there are often others that are not generally known and that are based on other factors (for example, the dealer's sales volume for a particular month).

Accordingly, determining the dealer's actual net cost is difficult even for seasoned automotive insiders. This is why we developed the Edmunds.com True Market Value® (TMV®) pricing system, which is our determination of what other consumers are actually paying for the vehicle. The TMV® accounts for the effect of all of the manufacturer's extra charges as well as the dealer's hidden subsidies, and we believe it is the most important price to know when negotiating your purchase.

Regional Adjustment
The amount by which the National Base Price must be adjusted to account for regional variations in pricing, based on the Zip Code entered.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it doesnt Tony. So much for some b.s. regional fee? Thats nuts. Like I said, if I go through with this, this would be my first Toy. Never had to pay any kind of regional fees before.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never paid an advertising fee and will walk if any dealer insists. If it were non-negoeable then it would be included in the invoice price. There is a price for doing busniess and the advertising fee is one of them. JMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts