Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an old time hot rodder, I like my vehicle to be smooth, no emblems, chrome, etc. I have removed all the emblems from the RAV4 and blacked out the Toyota as well as the V6 emblems on the front. When I blow by someone I want them to wonder..."What was that?" Childish I know, but I have an 18 year old mind trapped in a much older body!

Scroll down on web page to view:

http://modernhapkido.org/id60.html

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
good idea I like it it make it look unique
I would black out the rear tail lights and head lights
to make it unique........
but it looks cool

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Dodge Durango and went that route with smoked lens. Taillights were fine. Headlights are another story. Cuts down on light output of headlights too much...it's really unsafe. I train Pennsyvania State Troopers and my friends there advised me if they saw that at night or on a traffic stop ... a ticket would be issued.

Obviously each state will treat this differently, but I doubt any will look favorably on this modification.

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ha...........very cool, nice blending job 8) How do you get those tings to move?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use a program called Animagic - Google under "gif animators" for
various software programs. Caution... file size will exceed the standards for forum, so you have to link the animation file to an external web site where your gif resides.

Animator basically shuffles pictures like a deck of cards to your specifications.

Morph was done by cropping the front view of RAV4 photo and pasting it in variuous sizes onto the background Darth Vader picture and saving each variation as a separate gif picture then using animator to shuffle them.

Hope that wasn't too much of an explaination, but you asked...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I personally don't care for the look, but I have one question: how did you cover the chrome? Paint won't stick to it - any little rock chip will show up like a sore thumb and then the pressure washer will take the rest of the paint off like clothes off a stripper.

What's the trick?

John Davies
Spokane WA

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only very little chrome (err...plastic that is). Made a template so as not to over spray, kept same and just used krylon paiint. Sure it will show chips, but only takes 5 mins to re-spray...no biggy.

Everyone has their own tastes and I respect those who want to keep the stock factory style ( as long as you don't submerge it a ten ton block of lucite and just look at it.

I have always changed things on evrery vehicle I owned (starting by the way in 1955) and driven them very hard, just my nature.

Just an 18 year old trapped in a 66 year old body...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts