81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
'99 RAV4.1, 3MZ-FE, E250F 4x4, Torsen Dif
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a good thread, I'll throw in some info for posterity..

For those getting ready to experiment, remember the rear coil spacer will nearly double for lift gain. So .5" spacer = 1" gain etc. There are off the shelf polyurethane coil seats available for the RAV rear, the Energy Suspension 9.6101G is 7/8" and will gain you ~1 3/4" lift. I got them direct for ~$15.

Spacers up front are 1:1 lift, so the tricky part as jhays says is finding the proper extended bolt. I didn't want to buy the Daystar kit, and Daystar wouldn't sell me just the bolts so I ended up finding a better price on a set of press in studs that are grade 8. The ones I got were Moser Engineering 8050, I got them from Summit Racing for ~$25. They are 2 7/8", more than enough for a 2" spacer but still clear the hood.
Pursuit - When I look up Moser Engineering 8050 only wheel studs come up - do you have a link or part number for the extended strut bolts / upper shock tower mounting studs?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi guys,
Looking to buy the OME Lift Kit soon, but do I need strut spacers on the front or back? I was hoping to just get the OME Kit and front struts. Anything else needed, or I should get/do at this time?

I just got new tires (Zeta 225/65R17) and wheels (Avid1 AV06 17*8, I think... Gotta get the paperwork out of the car) the wheels have a great offset to them!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Hi guys,
Looking to buy the OME Lift Kit soon, but do I need strut spacers on the front or back? I was hoping to just get the OME Kit and front struts. Anything else needed, or I should get/do at this time?

I just got new tires (Zeta 225/65R17) and wheels (Avid1 AV06 17*8, I think... Gotta get the paperwork out of the car) the wheels have a great offset to them!
The front end is left lower Australian style, a 30mm to 40mm spacer will level her out, you can get them on ebay see https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-stru...na-Lift-Kit-/112460635861?hash=item1a2f2d1ed5

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pursuit - When I look up Moser Engineering 8050 only wheel studs come up - do you have a link or part number for the extended strut bolts / upper shock tower mounting studs?
Hey sorry haven't been on the board.

They are actually wheel studs, they are appropriate hardness and thread / length. You will have to knock out existing and press these in. Much easier than it sounds.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a useful thread - seriously! 6 year old thread with a lot of information. Thanks everyone.

I am still a bit confused now that Rocky Road offers complete struts on their site now. Does that not come with a spacer for additional lift in the front? The struts they are offering, what brand are they?

A few of the links and pictures posted in here are dead. That's a shame! But still a lot of information here and I thank everyone. Hoping to get a lift on my old RAV since I don't want to put too many miles on my Tacoma.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
What a useful thread - seriously! 6 year old thread with a lot of information. Thanks everyone.

I am still a bit confused now that Rocky Road offers complete struts on their site now. Does that not come with a spacer for additional lift in the front? The struts they are offering, what brand are they?

A few of the links and pictures posted in here are dead. That's a shame! But still a lot of information here and I thank everyone. Hoping to get a lift on my old RAV since I don't want to put too many miles on my Tacoma.
I lifted mine several years ago and the kit didn't include the front struts so I bought my own and used 30mm spacers. Another part of lifting is the right size of tires, take a look here and it should help you pick the right tires. https://www.rav4world.com/threads/what-size-tires-and-what-issues-have-you-had.253298/post-2732678.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Damn, quite the fast reply for a 6 year old thread. Thanks!

I really Iike the OP has on his RAV 4. Mine is going to be built for the snow and light off roading so I would like to have something along the lines of his setup with the 15 inch wheels. Looks like using a conversion chart, he is running 215/85/15 which is an odd size to find. I'll worry about that once I am all set to order all the suspension.

As for the front struts, I'm guessing they are OME struts, without spacers? I'm thinking maybe tomorrow I will give them a call to clarify that. If they aren't OME then maybe I'll purchase Gabriel struts with spacers.

I have OME on my '16 Tacoma and I was so happy to see they make a solid lift kit for the RAV.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
If you click on the tire link you will find that 235/75-15 fits as well. Good luck with your lift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lift kit = $484.00
custom spacer material = $22.00
bassett wheels = $179.88
tires = $626.35

Total = $1,312.23
Hello, i am from Romania Europe and i want some website link s to find the lift kit, the wheels and the tires ! Also you can give me if you want a facebook adress and put there also thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
what’s the biggest size of tire can you put with the old man lift kit, I was wondering if it would give you more height off the ground and also I noticed it says something about assembled front struts would that Mean I still have to compress the Coil springs ?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts