Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes they do rub a bit.... I thought I could clear a 2" taller and 1" wider tire.. but no. So im going to cut and reweld the iner wheel well where it rubs.

I dont mind the super tall tires because I plan on going turbo, and turbos like lower gearing (keeps them in the TQ longer)

·
Registered
542 Posts
must throw your speedo way out.. question, why does the post header say "245/45R16" when you have /75's?? kinda confusing if you don't read the last line under the pix!!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
peterpogi2005 said:
must throw your speedo way out.. question, why does the post header say "245/45R16" when you have /75's?? kinda confusing if you don't read the last line under the pix!!
OOPS :oops: Ill fix that.

Speedo should be out around 10%

At 45 MPH the stock tire does 783 revs per/mile the new tires do 682... so thats closer to 9%

·
Registered
542 Posts
the tread doesn't look all that wide for a 245 tyre. did you measure it? looks like 8" or so.

the main reason i put a street tyre on mine (235/60ZR16 dunlop sp9000) was to get a wider tread for improved wet weather & braking performance. i must admit that they are great but.... they follow ridges in the road so i really have to hang onto the wheel sometimes!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they are around 9.5. wide bulge to bulge.

How wide are the stock wheels? 7"?

·
Registered
542 Posts
yap, it's confusing coz my 215/70-16 dunlop grandtreks had less tread on the road than a 195/50 yokohama on the civic that parks next to me!! yap, they had about 7" of tread width.

these 235/60 sp9000's have 8.5" tread width & somewhat stickier compound than the grandtreks & the difference is chalk & cheese!! the tread is almost the widest part on my 6.5" stock rims.

the "245" only refers to the widest part of the tyre on a "test rim" & really has nothing to do with the actual tread on the road!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMERav,
Can you give me some more info on the shocks you used? Do the fronts the insert type that you have to weld in? I'm not sure how the whole front shock stuff works, perhaps you have some photos of the front suspension?

Thanks,
Bogatyr

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bogatyr said:
OMERav,
Can you give me some more info on the shocks you used? Do the fronts the insert type that you have to weld in? I'm not sure how the whole front shock stuff works, perhaps you have some photos of the front suspension?

Thanks,
Bogatyr
No welding, they just drop in .

You unscew the top and slide the old one out... then drop in the new one. the shocks and struts are from OME as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts