Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just washed the Green Machine this afternoon:

It has been a few weeks since I drove it last; I think I will drive it this week.

But, because I have a new(-er), fancier daily-driver, I thought the unthinkable -- the possibility of puting the Green Machine up for sale. It's been part of the family for 14+ years, and I know I'd have big-time seller's remorse if I decide to let it go. :crying

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Depending upon its accumulated miles and general condition as well as given its great appearance in the photo, you probably would have a lot of interest in it if you decide to sell it.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Don't do it!! You'll be kicking yourself for years while mumbling "I should have never sold that RAV4!"

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drove it today; did well. I forgot that I had done the brake hoses and flushed the brake fluid, so the pedal was impressively firm. Missed the nice acceleration of my new(er) daily-driver, but the RAV4 was much easier to manuever in the parking lot and fits better in the slightly small parking spaces at my workplace.

Just under 104,500 miles on it. And the Green Machine's aftermarket audio system sounds much better than the one in my new(er) vehicle {which has a high-end OEM sound system}.

Cold/wet weather expected tomorrow. Not sure which I will drive; both are AWD.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drove it today; did well. I forgot that I had done the brake hoses and flushed the brake fluid, so the pedal was impressively firm. Missed the nice acceleration of my new(er) daily-driver, but the RAV4 was much easier to manuever in the parking lot and fits better in the slightly small parking spaces at my workplace.

Just under 104,500 miles on it. And the Green Machine's aftermarket audio system sounds much better than the one in my new(er) vehicle {which has a high-end OEM sound system}.

Cold/wet weather expected tomorrow. Not sure which I will drive; both are AWD.
Sent you PM (Jayhawks fan?)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ... a decision, sort of. The co-driver wants to continue to keep it as a spare. However, "if you bought a new truck with an automatic transmission" I could sell the RAV4.

So if anyone really, really wants the Green Machine, come up with the funds for a brand-new, small Toyota or Nissan 4x4 pickup. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well ... a decision, sort of. The co-driver wants to continue to keep it as a spare. However, "if you bought a new truck with an automatic transmission" I could sell the RAV4.

So if anyone really, really wants the Green Machine, come up with the funds for a brand-new, small Toyota or Nissan 4x4 pickup. :)
What do you want ($) and what has been done to it? Thanks - I would need it shipped to NY :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Your avatar shows a silver RAV4. You have two Gen1s?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sold the FWD "Silver Bullet" many years ago. Had some regrets, so even thinking of possibly letting the AWD Green Machine go is proving gut-wrenching. :-{

You have seen my restore thread so you know how I feel.
I hate it that all crosses today look like each other. A small 4x4 today isn't what it was meant to be when the idea came about in the 1980s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts