Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all.. I know I have been postin in the 4.3 area for a bit now but I guess I should formally intro myself.. :)

My name is Carolyn and I am near O'Hare. I just ordered an 06' 4X4 Limited 4cyl. with leather heated seats, sunroof, side/curtain airbags & floor/cargo carpeted matt's..

And it is going to be 6-8 weeks before I get it but I am more than enjoying everyone's company here now and learning so much about my soon to be new truck!!..

A little about me.. I am 29 years YOUNG :p and I am a Police Dispatcher/Communications Training Officer with photography as a hobby.. I have been dispatching for going on 13 years now..

I have already met some wonderful friends and I hope to meet many more!.. We should hold some "Wax your Rav4 parties"... :lol:

Anyone have a REALLY big garage!?!? :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha.. yeah I guess it is a long way.. :(

I will post some pics, definetly..!! Can't wait!!!!.. :D

And thank you for the warm welcome.. :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
WOW

Carolyn
wow A little about me.. I am 29 years YOUNG and I am a Police Dispatcher/Communications Training Officer with photography as a hobby.. I have been dispatching for going on 13 years now
29-13=16 you were 16 when you started working as a poloce dispatcher welcome to our World.. 8)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome Carolyn!

I'm in SE Wis. and my husband and I visit Chicago as often as we can (most recently for the Auto Show)...but we don't bring the Rav, we take the train! :lol: When I had the 4.1 Rav 2-door we drove down a lot. The 4.1 2-door is as short as a Mini Cooper and was fantastic zipping in and out of Chicago traffic!

Ricky also does photography as a hobby (for those of you keeping score, yes, Ricky has MANY expensive hobbies :roll: ). He is currently working on sort of a makeshift portrait studio in our basement, in the hope of defraying the cost of his latest camera that is on order. Cross your fingers for me! :wink:

Becky

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Becky.. Fingers crossed!!!!.. :)

franco.. Going on 13 years.. ;) I was 17 when I started.. Yes.. :)

flying.. yep.. test drove one and loved it!.. I picked out a nice Pacific Blue one with Ash leather.. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
That'll be a beauty when you get it. The Pacific Blue is really nice.

Your avatar made me think, I should've included a link to Ricky's Chicago pics before. Here's just a few of his favorite Chicago pics:

http://www.pbase.com/rljslick/chicago

If you view them by pages (as opposed to choosing "All"), the pic at far left on the very last row on Page 2 is actually MINE! I cannot believe my own husband stole my pic...my best pic ever in fact! It was shot on Navy Pier several years ago when they had an art display. The nekkid lady statue is no longer there. BTW, the pic is NOT altered in any way. In fact it was taken with a film camera, not digital. Lord knows I couldn't reproduce that shot now no matter how hard I try!

Becky

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bought mine

OK, Inocense...I ordered mine today. A Limited V6 with 4WD. Everglade, with Moonroof and tow prep package and air bags all around.... I went to a dealer in Naperville and they wouldn't deal at all. I went to that St Charles, Illinois dealer. and didn't get a fantastic price, but got what I think would be standard for our area. Don't like to spend hours visiting dealers.... Like to go in a buy what I want.... 3 to 5 weeks delivery unless they can find a trade with another dealer... So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts