Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go back to my dealer today to pick up my checkbook that I left in my trade. While there I asked them about changing my keyless entry so it unlocks all doors with 1 press, the default is 2. I was surprised to hear him tell me I'd have to schedule a service appointment as they'll need to reprogram the computer! I was surprised. My 2000 Neon came the same way but in the owner's manual it had instructions on how to change it. It seems silly to me to have to schedule a service appointment for something so trivial.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think they are just trying to discourage you 'cuz they don't want to be bothered. Would be much easier for all involved if we could do these things on our own.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jabba2000 said:
I think they are just trying to discourage you 'cuz they don't want to be bothered. Would be much easier for all involved if we could do these things on our own.
it is not hard thing to do, but it requires an technician operating the computer. so there has to be available tech for him, which is why they told him to schedule an appoitment.

that what they usually do during 1,000 check....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea he said they'd do it now but both guys were already working on 2 cars each.

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 click, 2 click

khakiboy,

Before you go through the trouble at the dealers. You might want to see if yours works like mine.

Press once: Driver side unlocks.
Press twice: All doors unlock including the rear/trunk.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, mine already works that way. What I want is to be able to press it once to unlock all doors. Otherwise I know when I go to put something in the back I'm going to be grabbing the door handle and it'll be locked.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Effort

Ya...I get the default thing.

If your heading for the rear door or trunk how much effort does it take to press twice?
Probably no more than to click your mouse to open this topic.

I personally don't mind the current setup myself.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It doesn't take much effort to press it twice. For me, it's more that I'm used to just pressing it once, so it would take a while to retrain myself. Much easier to just have it do so with one press.

·
Registered
875 Posts
pressing twice is a security issue. Unless you're always driving people around, the default 2 push may be a better idea.

You don't want some crazy person getting into your car from the passenger or rear doors while you're trying to get into your driver's seat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not me...

Excellent point zoomie,

People always say "It wouldn't happen to me"

That just reminds me of when my Aunt was Car-jacked at the Stanford Shopping Mall. Some Thug had just ripped off Nordstrom's and needed to get away quick. He jumped in the passenger side as she was getting in the driver's side. He told here to get out and took off with the car. She wasn't hurt, just badly shook up. The car was found, but he never got caught.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts