Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much as I love the Hybrid, the grabbing of the regen braking was driving me up the wall. While it had been noted in several reviews, I didn't think driving the car would bother me as much as it did.

After a week or so of ownership, I dumped the Bridgestone Ecopia for Michelin Premier LTX and am happy to report the tires get rid of the delay and grabbing present with the Ecopias.

FWIW, an expensive solution to be sure, but well worth it.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
422 Posts
What is delay and grabbing? I havent really noticed anything special with the Ecopia tires.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I agree with the others. I was very surprised at how normal the braking felt and don't notice any grabbiness.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
+4
There's no braking issues related to regen. Tires are everything. Good choice with the Premiers, although I wouldn't have chosen the LTX.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got to go back over this. Are you talking about hard braking where the tires start to skid? How often would that kind of driving happen-if ever? Can't remember the last time I braked that hard to skid tires, and if I did, I would not be changing out tires for a one time occurrence.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I have never experienced any grabbing of the brakes, but did change my tires, for ride and handling issues. I have never noticed any difference with regen braking. However, I have now acquired, the high pitched squeaking, when backing up. It was probably always there, just masked by the music.

·
Registered
229 Posts
+4
There's no braking issues related to regen. Tires are everything. Good choice with the Premiers, although I wouldn't have chosen the LTX.
What would you recommend? I plan on going with the Michelin Defenders for its all around great performance, but I am open to suggestions as new and better tires keep coming out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts