Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting thing to note, there is no keyhole on the passenger door or on the rear hatchback. Now, how often does anyone really use a key these days, but this is the first car I've noticed that removed the keyhole from the passenger and hatch doors.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
you are right!! I NEVER even noticd it you just said it.. With the keyless remote, there is no reason for the other 2 locks. Itys just more to break or that much easier for someone to break in.. In our 02 XL7, I have never used the key to unlock the doors since we had it new.. The keyless remote takes care of unlocking it..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Its on many new cars and stuff these days. With the addition of power / remote locks on everything from a lawnmower to a former military truck, the only need is for one keyed lock for emergency only.

I have NEVER used my key in any of the doors. 4.2 has three but I do keep them oiled every so often. Saves $$$$ for automakers and usually makes the people who buy them, all fuzzy inside and stuff. Without remote locks the new generation of car owners wouldn't know how to get into it.

I guess the "key" is going the way of the vinal records these days. Some cars just have a card like a credit card that you carryin your pocket and the car "knows" its you. Press a button and you're on the way to worry free driving.

I find the key causes so much stress anyway, don't you? :lol: :lol:

Later. M. :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
This is funny! I didn't notice the one missing on the passenger door until you just posted! I had to go look at my photos! LOL! I did notice the day we got it, however, that the rear door didn't have one.

Coming from the '96, I opened the back door EVERY day with my key (didn't have keyless entry)...so, today, out of habit...I was headed to my RAV with my key in hand...and, realized before I got there..."hey, welcome to the 90s...you have a keyless entry now!"

I love my new RAV!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts