Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

So this morning after roaming around the mountains most of the evening, I decided I would take the rav to the car wash, but the hand car wash wasn't open yet so I went for the big robotic drive through option.

Halfway through I heard a massive crack and the little spoiler thing on the roof has now been snapped in half and ripped off the roof...

Where can I get a new one of these, are they easy enough to remove (the rest) and replace or will I need to take it in to a garage?

I feel like an idiot right now!

it's this one here...

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Did you complain to the car wash place? They should pay for it.

How about getting the insurance company to pay it ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

it was a sainsburys and I'm going back tonight as they told me I have to come to customer service to complain - this was at 7:30 and the store in question doesn't open until 8:30 and I had to get to work!

Fingers crossed, I managed to find some online but they're £70 so definitely seeking reimbursement

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
That's a nice looking RAV - hopefully it can be repaired so that it still looks good. What sort of equipment do Sainsbury's use in their car wash that would break a spoiler? Do they have any type of warning posted which users can see before entering the car wash? Also, what is that shelf-like protector mounted at the rear bumper? From your photo it appears to have become misaligned, or is that because of the photo's perspective?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a nice looking RAV - hopefully it can be repaired so that it still looks good. What sort of equipment do Sainsbury's use in their car wash that would break a spoiler? Do they have any type of warning posted which users can see before entering the car wash? Also, what is that shelf-like protector mounted at the rear bumper? From your photo it appears to have become misaligned, or is that because of the photo's perspective?
Cheers man, it looks ace and I got it for a great price!

Yeah think it's a perspective issue as it was all lined up and correct on the roof, and what's remaining still is!

There was no info on the car wash, I went back after work and on the way discovered that it had also broken the driver side windscreen wiper... nightmare!

They refunded me for the car wash, gave me a £20 gift card for use in store and have told me if I come back with receipts for the parts and an invoice from the mechanics they will refund me in full, they checked the security footage after my initial call and closed the car wash for the day as a result too!

Feeling relieved now but will be happier once it's all fixed!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Cheers man, it looks ace and I got it for a great price!

Yeah think it's a perspective issue as it was all lined up and correct on the roof, and what's remaining still is!

There was no info on the car wash, I went back after work and on the way discovered that it had also broken the driver side windscreen wiper... nightmare!

They refunded me for the car wash, gave me a £20 gift card for use in store and have told me if I come back with receipts for the parts and an invoice from the mechanics they will refund me in full, they checked the security footage after my initial call and closed the car wash for the day as a result too!

Feeling relieved now but will be happier once it's all fixed!

Thanks for letting us know that Sainsbury's will pay for the repairs and that they shut the car wash down so that no other cars would be damaged. Hopefully you know of a shop which does first rate work A number of people here would like to have your RAV! Two door models in good nick are relatively rare here. It would be great if you could post a pic after the repairs have been completed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for letting us know that Sainsbury's will pay for the repairs and that they shut the car wash down so that no other cars would be damaged. Hopefully you know of a shop which does first rate work A number of people here would like to have your RAV! Two door models in good nick are relatively rare here. It would be great if you could post a pic after the repairs have been completed.
Haha sheesh, I didn't realise it was so desirable! I did wait a fair while for this one, there was another XT-3 in the area when I bought but it was wrapped in pink vinyl and didn't actually have the chrome trim, so I was glad I waited for something nicer to come up!

Here's the other side in the meantime, will get some more pics up once the spoiler is sorted! Only have pictures I took the day I bought it so still has dealer plates on it!

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Wow! Looks great - it's worth waiting for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts