Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: when I got home from work yesterday , the open door icon was on in my dash. I went and opened and closed all the doors, and it still stayedon. Then when I went to lock the doors remotely, it just gave a continuous buzzzzzz.
I then went to the back hatch door which I had opened earlier at work. I pushed in the plunger part of the switch, and the lighted open door icon went out. But when I shut the hatch door it went on. It was late and dark, so I just put some electrical tape on the door side button (it looks like a button) and adding the tape built up so the icon went out when I shut the hatchdoor. Are these easy replacements. ?:cheers:

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
There is a round rubber plug on the door that contacts the switch. I accidentally knocked mine out once and had this same problem. You need to replace that plug.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah, you can buy the switch on amazon or through a auto parts store..
should look something like this
PT Auto Warehouse DJS-1046 - Door Jamb Switch
by PT Auto Warehouse
Link: http://amzn.com/B00NWT2GJY

remove one screw and pull out ... carefull.. remove the wiring connector from the back.. put it on the new one.. put it back in the door and put the screw back in.. less than 10mins

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
He pushed the switch by hand and the light went out. So the switch does not need to be replaced.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Junebug, correct pusing the rubber switch in shuts off the "open door icon" , its the part on the door I need. What would U call that part.?????????????????
sparky52

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should look something like this
PT Auto Warehouse DJS-1046 - Door Jamb Switch
by PT Auto Warehouse
Link: http://amzn.com/B00NWT2GJY

remove one screw and pull out ... carefull.. remove the wiring connector from the back.. put it on the new one.. put it back in the door and put the screw back in.. less than 10mins
Marionevans, thanks for that web site for switches.But true pushing the rubber switch in it shuts off the "open door icon" , its the part on the door I need. This part I had to make thicker to push the switch in .What would U call that part.?????????????????sparky52

·
Registered
137 Posts
Theres the rub,
protestations about switches and such.. i havent seen where you can buy the rubber boot separate.. 12$ switch has the boot on it..

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Theres the rub,
protestations about switches and such.. i havent seen where you can buy the rubber boot separate.. 12$ switch has the boot on it..
We're not talking about the rubber boot on the switch which is mounted on the frame. We are talking about the rubber BUMPER that is mounted on the actual door.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
STOPPER, BACK DOOR, LOWER 67282-46010

Junebug, correct pusing the rubber switch in shuts off the "open door icon" , its the part on the door I need. What would U call that part.?????????????????
sparky52
Well, Toyota calls it "STOPPER, BACK DOOR, LOWER" part number 67282-46010.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Junebug, excellent thank U for the info. I couldn't find that stopper part on any Toyota list or wiring diagrams, parts.
sparky52

1 - 10 of 10 Posts