Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago, while I was opening rear diff filler plug, I stripped the plug badly and there was no way that I can take the filler plug out, so I placed an order of a new plug from dealership and changed oil after opening stripped plug. As there wasn't a room to use a drill or extractor, I had to use different method. This is what I did and turned out to be successful --> I searched youtube and Torch & air Chisel method looked perfect for the stripped filler plug in a tight spot.

I heated up the plug using torch a little bit and hit the plug with air chisel (upward), and the stubborn plug cracked open quite easily.

** I ordered filler plug at $5.98 from Toyota dealership

** sorry, can't upload any of my photo files --> says, exceeds my quota...:confused:

Well...without photo...stripped plus opens easily with with air chisel!!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for info but as soon as I pressed the button of upload, error - Attachment exceeds my quota

It should be ok, as long as I shared the info with others that air gun with chisel method workes well with stuck bolt or plug.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used this exact method, except no torch, for the first time on a stripped front differential fill plug on my 4runner. Worked great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts