Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really problem, but it is something that is driving me a little nuts. I cannot seem to figure how to use the 'Auto' window switch on the drivers door. I'm a smoker and I like to 'crack' the window open only a little. Sometimes when I tap the 'Auto' switch the window will open only a crack - great! Other times it goes all the way down - not great. Sometimes it does nothing but go full up or full down. It doesn't matter how quickly I tap the button it is a real comedy of frustration for me.

So how do you make the 'Auto' switch open the window just a crack without going full down or full up, or open and close in small increments?

Thanks in advance for your help.

alepel

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't know why I'm helping someone with a disgusting habit (I'm a former smoker), but here it goes:

I've had the same trouble before with the window switch. Passengers would ask me, "What the hell are you doing?" as I'm attempting to open the window just a crack. Unlike in BMW's, it does NOT matter how quickly you press the button on the Rav4. It matters only how far you push it down. Sensitive fingers will help you operate the window the way you want it.

1. Press gently on the button to make the window go down

2. Press a little more firmly and the window will go down all the way.

3. Practice in the parking lot and you'll soon figure it out.

Again, it's how far you press down, not how quickly. Good luck and stop smoking. You friends and children will love you for it...and so will your wallet.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have mastered cracking the window a little bit as i always like to keep probably third of it opened. I don't know how, don't ask me :p. I do it every day and when i don't think about it, it works. When i think about it, it opens all the way down. I guess it's a matter of getting used to the thing.

BTW zoomie... GOOD FOR YOU!!! I didn't know you smoked :shock:.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose the RAV4s on the other side of the world from mine is the same setup..?

I have no problem controlling my driver's side windows using the auto button, or rather, not using the auto function. The particular button for the driver's side window is actually a 'double action' button. Try slowly pushing the button down & u'll reach a pressure point when u need to apply slightly more pressure to push the button further. If you do not go beyond this pressue point, u can release your finger on the button and the windows will stop.

It's something like a revolver, there's a pulling point to pull the cocking hammer of the revolver to the catch point, and the trigger will 'lock' in a hold position, any further pulling will activiate the cocking hammer to fire the revolver.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone.....the window works beautifully for me now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts