Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to buy an SUV soon. However, for tax related reasons, i can not buy a car which is >1.8cc.

Can anyone tell me if I can get a 4WD/Diesel RAV4 with this cc? What about a 4WD/Benzin? A 2WD Diesel?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They don't make any RAV4 smaller than 2.0L engine. I don't think any small SUV does with a 1.8L engine.

Only engine I could think of that you can get away with insurance is the 2ZZ-GE transplant into the 2000+ models. Since that engine comes from a ZZT231(celica) and you may have to alter the engine mount in the new RAV4.

Good luck with whatever you're searching there.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Yes, the RAV4 is/was available in certain markets with the 1.8-litre petrol 1ZZ-FE. But I don't think there ever was such a thing as a 1.8-litre 4WD - I believe all 1.8-litre RAVs are 2WD.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aiy???? They do make the RAV4 in the 1.8L 1ZZ-FE engine?? OMG. Bugger me. SOrry guys. Never heard of it and never seen it and never even think it's possible.

FWD RAVs are faster due to lower power loss and less drive terrain weight.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Toyota did import a Rav4.2 for a short time into the UK from 2001 to 2003 it was the pre facelifted current model, it was also I believe a 2 wheel drive model that never really sold in the UK. It also had a 1.8litre engine ( nearly forgot that bit )
Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts