Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all.. I am the proud owner of an 2006 Rav4 Limited 4WD 4cyl in Pacific Blue!!!..

I am so excited and can't wait till I recieve it!.. I am hoping the dealer will be able to find one locally and I don't have to wait the 6-8 weeks from the factory.. Cross your fingers for me!!!..

I went with the following..

Moonroof
Side/Curtain Airbags
Leather Seats
Heated Seats
Floor/Cargo Carpet Mat

I too had an issue with my invoice not matching what Edmunds stated as another member from the board posted about..

Apparently Edmunds does not take into consideration some of the $497 in holdback and $218 (or so) finance reserve. (not sure which one and why)

When all was said and done the invoice on my vehicle including all the fees the dealer has to pay to Toyota (destination, etc) was $25,381.

Sales guy first came to me with a high number ofcourse and I countered and said that I could go to another local dealer who already quoted me without negotiations for $500 over invoice.. He went and spoke with manager and agreed.. I then requested that he even the price out to an even $25,800 by taking the $81 off.. He was not very happy about that and tried to counter with an oil change.. I told him 3 oil changes or take the $81 off.. heh.. He left once again, returned and said he would take the $81 off with a non refundable $1,000 deposit. I agreed.. (He also threw in a free oil change anyway)

$25,800 out the door minus taxes..

$27,709 including tax, license transfer & DMV fee..

I feel comfortable with the sale.. Could I have done better by a couple hundred somewhere else, most likely with a little more work, more negotiations and jumping around from one dealer to another.. But this way my dealer is local and hopefully they will send me some good coupons.. :lol:

Plus Edmunds has the TMV price at $26,866 which doesn't even include the extra $300 the invoice stated and Edmunds didn't have listed.. So I think I skated through without a hitch.. :)

I can't wait!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Great deal!

I wish here in houston,tx i could get deals like that... No one in houston, wants to give deals on v6 right now. I'll probably pay 26K but I won't recieve leather, heated seats or moonroof.

This stinks I need to find another dealer!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shop around.. Get some interent quotes and then go from there.. I actually handed the sales guy a LIST with 7 quotes from various dealers on it.. I circled 2 best and told him that I wanted him to fall between those.. I was very honest and upfront with him but when I thought he could do better I sent him back and he returned with a different number.. Don't be affraid to push on dealers.. If they get to bottom line and you are not biting they will show you the door.. No one needs the sales right now.. And the sales people are not making any commission off these, but they are making the volume points with their dealerships.. So while they don't NEED to discount the vehicle's.. Sometimes it is somewhat beneficial to them to sell NEAR invoice.. Too many people know too much nowadays as far as what they pay for the vehicle, what everyone else is paying for the vehicle, etc..

Good luck and hang in there.. :) You will find one at a good price..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dealer holdback shouldn't have been factored into the price. The invoice price already reflects that.

There is a Chicagoland advertising fee that Toyota passes onto the dealer. Perhaps that's the additional fee you're seeing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it was not.. It was just included in the invoice price..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is what we ordered:

2006 Rav4 Limited V6

Package B
IPOD Adapter
Rearview Mirror with Compas
Exhaust Tip
Hood Deflector
Side Steps
Security System
Backup sensor (aftermarket since Park Pilot doesn't seem to be available)
Rust Protection (live in Canada!)
Extended warranty to 100k km.

We however delayed the pickup to September as the lease on our 2003 Explorer doesn't expire until then and it was not financially viable to return the Explorer early.

Jay

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mhgsx...

Wow.. now yer thinkin!.. heh..

Just checked and I didn't see any.. :( Seen some blue's but it doesn't tell you what type of blue.. It also doesn't say anything about leather/heated seats so I dunno if they are equipped with em..

:(

But very good idea.. :)

Flyin.. I CAN'T!!!.. I am already buying stuff online for it!!.. haha.. :p

C

·
0 Posts
Jay said:
Here is what we ordered:

2006 RAV4 Limited V6

Package B
IPOD Adapter
Rearview Mirror with Compas
Exhaust Tip
Hood Deflector
Side Steps
Security System
Backup sensor (aftermarket since Park Pilot doesn't seem to be available)
Rust Protection (live in Canada!)
Extended warranty to 100k km.

We however delayed the pickup to September as the lease on our 2003 Explorer doesn't expire until then and it was not financially viable to return the Explorer early.

Jay
I wouldn't get the 2006 Rav4 if I were you if your purchasing in September. In canada you don't get any sort of special discounts by buying a year end car with Toyotas. You're better off waiting 2 to 3 months and buying an 2007 if you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts