Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Ordered a 2020 XSE

6K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  jazhanel 
#1 ·
I put down a $500 deposit on a blizzard pearl XSE with all the packages. Tech package, weather, audio upgrade, and panoramic roof.

MSRP is about $39K, and I managed to get 1K discount on it. I am in Austin, TX area. This was the only dealer who budged including dealers in San Antonio.

Dealer does not have the VIN yet, just a place holder. They are telling me it is at port, and due to arrive in early December. I am pretty sure this is a Japan build, I have heard all panoramic roof RAV4 are from Japan.

I have looked on this forum for six months up to this point. Really hoping I don’t have the fueling issue. We no longer have vapor recovery at our pumps here, and my regular Exxon station has pretty skinny nozzles and a slow indent.

Will be selling my 2012 Prius Five once I get the Rav. Super excited. Will be a substantial upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
#4 ·
I put down a $500 deposit on a blizzard pearl XSE with all the packages. Tech package, weather, audio upgrade, and panoramic roof.

MSRP is about $39K, and I managed to get 1K discount on it. I am in Austin, TX area. This was the only dealer who budged including dealers in San Antonio.

Dealer does not have the VIN yet, just a place holder. They are telling me it is at port, and due to arrive in early December. I am pretty sure this is a Japan build, I have heard all panoramic roof RAV4 are from Japan.

I have looked on this forum for six months up to this point. Really hoping I don’t have the fueling issue. We no longer have vapor recovery at our pumps here, and my regular Exxon station has pretty skinny nozzles and a slow indent.

Will be selling my 2012 Prius Five once I get the Rav. Super excited. Will be a substantial upgrade.

Congrats! I just got my 2019 XSE last week.

#18 ·
We seem to have mixed definitions here.

When I say OTD, I mean Price + destination + dealer doc fee + state and local taxes + title fees.

Some of your “OTD” sound too good to me. Do you mean the negotiated discounted price before docs and tt&l?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#21 ·
We seem to have mixed definitions here.

When I say OTD, I mean Price + destination + dealer doc fee + state and local taxes + title fees.

Some of your “OTD” sound too good to me. Do you mean the negotiated discounted price before docs and tt&l?

My mistake, OTD price on a Loaded Limited (Canadian built with Adaptive Headlights, no Panoramic Moonroof) was $39,700 taxes, tags, title, fees etc. My apologies for the typo, hit an "8" instead of a "9". $40k still seems steep for an XSE but that's probably because it's a 2020 and they aren't hitting the dealer lots in volume yet.

#19 ·

Purchased my 2020 Rav4 XSE a couple weeks ago. There was only one on the lot at the time, got super lucky and didn't have to place and order or wait. It was exactly the color I wanted. Only moon roof, no pano but absolutely love it the vehicle

#20 ·
Yea dealers aren’t willing to budge on the price of the 2020 since they are pre-orders. I placed an order for mine which is a limited that’s fully loaded with adaptive headlights and everything, they said it should be here early December. The dealer wouldn’t budge off of msrp but my friend words there so he got my 500 off by taking it out of his commission. He told me if I wanted a 2019 mode he would actually be able to knock it down a lot, but the 2020 has the longer warranty on the hybrid system which will increase resell value plus android auto.

#24 ·
Two weeks ago I used Sam's Club car buying and checked Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. One Austin dealer was willing to come off MSRP for the 2020 RAV4 Hybrid XSE. The rest told me to buy it if I could get it below MRSP.

Then by accident I ended up in Temple, TX, the Toyota dealer responded and offered to buy my 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. While at the dealer I check with Sam's Club with their zip code. Sam's suggested $1900 off, and the dealer matched the offer on the loaded Hybrid XSE. It took 1.5 hours from the time I got there until I was driving off. Then I also got a response from the dealer in Killeen on Monday, and they were making a similar offer. I think that the hybrid is popular in the metro areas, but perhaps not as much in the other areas. My take away is to check the zip codes of smaller cities and not just the metro for popular models.

#25 ·
Two weeks ago I used Sam's Club car buying and checked Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. One Austin dealer was willing to come off MSRP for the 2020 RAV4 Hybrid XSE. The rest told me to buy it if I could get it below MRSP.

Then by accident I ended up in Temple, TX, the Toyota dealer responded and offered to buy my 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. While at the dealer I check with Sam's Club with their zip code. Sam's suggested $1900 off, and the dealer matched the offer on the loaded Hybrid XSE. It took 1.5 hours from the time I got there until I was driving off. Then I also got a response from the dealer in Killeen on Monday, and they were making a similar offer. I think that the hybrid is popular in the metro areas, but perhaps not as much in the other areas. My take away is to check the zip codes of smaller cities and not just the metro for popular models.
How much was the Austin dealer willing to come off on MSRP?

#28 ·

Hi Jaz
All Rav4s are made in southern Ontario Canada. They supply to all of North America

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.