Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my Sales Person: Unfortunately, Toyota under estimated the demand for Rav4s equipped like the way you want it (). They have increased production, but it will still take about 6 more weeks to get it. They would put delivery around the end of May. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. I know you are excited to start driving your Rav4. We will continue to talk with Toyota to get it as quick as possible. I won't have another update for 2 weeks.

I ordered: Limited V6 4WD with sunroof, airbags all around, and Tow Prep only and was told 3 to 5 weeks for delivery.......

Oh well...maybe by my bithday.....

R

·
0 Posts
So, what configuration was easily available that you didn't want that had your Moonroof+Airbags+TowPrep?

Were you balking at leather, 3rd row seat, or the subwoofer system? Or is it that the TowPrep just wasn't being produced?

H

·
0 Posts
Ordered my Limited V6 4WD on 3-18-06 Got this today

I was told that you cannot "order" from Toyota----the dealers are just able to see what's coming in the shipments from Japan. 3-5 more weeks sounds to me like they're just waiting to see what shipments will be coming in May. May shipments might not even have what you want.

I "ordered" my Rav4 sport in early March. The dealer checked what was coming in vs what I wanted and luckily the next shipment had what i wanted coming to them---so they didn't have to trade for it either. But I was flexible in my options, saying I wanted a V-6 Sport or Limited with sunroof in either white or Pacific blue---either 2WD or 4WD would do.

On March 5 my dealer said a V-6 2WD Sport Super White and V-6 4WD Limited Pearl Blizzard with leather was due to come in on March 25. I ended up choosing the Sport V-6 with sunroof in Super White, 2WD and after market leather and had it on March 24. I could have waited to see if the blue was due in on the next shipments but since none were coming in for the entire So CA region, I decided to go with what was coming in.

I couldn't be happier with my choice---especially the after market leather.

C

·
0 Posts
Re: Ordered my Limited V6 4WD on 3-18-06 Got this today

did you happen to order from longo?

i was told the same thing. after having my salesman watch for a specific model to come in (couldn't really "order" it), he finally called yesterday saying that there's one w/ my exact specs coming in within a couple days. i guess i'll be getting my sport v6, flint mica by the end of the week.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What color are you looking for? If I remember correctly, the deal you posted wasn't the greatest. Hope you aren't locked in with the dealership.

H

·
0 Posts

CornMOnkey said:
Did you happen to order from longo?
No, from Elmore. Elmore was the only dealer in the area at the time willing to look at future shipments for the region. They marked it "pre-sold" and I didn't even have to put down a deposit. They snagged it right off the truck and hid it till I could pick it up the next day so no one could test drive it. I got it with 1 mile on the odometer. (Actually 1.5 since they went and filled it up before I drove away).

Perhaps more dealers are doing it this way since so few are coming in. Elmore "pre-sells" most V6's before they even arrive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My RAV4

To mhgsx: I ordered Everglade. with only the options shown above. I am going to contact the dealer tomoorow and see what "popular" options they think would snare a car. But, I don't want this to be their door to load one up either with high profit nonsense options. I would think that a Limited V6 4WD with just a sunroof and all the air bags would be the popular choice....

K

·
0 Posts
As I understand, Toyota ships certain options combinations to certain regions. In my zip code, the closest combo to what you are looking for would be:

Option Combination #B $1,890
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- JBL AM/FM/6-Disc CD Changer w/9 speakers(EJ)
- Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/ Sunshade(SR)
- Roll Sensing Side Curtain Airbags and Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat Mounted Side Airbags(GY)

You can go to Toyota's web site, and see what options are available in your area: http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2006/rav4/index.html?s_van=GM_HOME_RAV4_IMG

L

·
0 Posts
what is your zip

If I could only get the config, i would be very happy, It seems like the option b package can be deleted from the port. That is exactly what I want also...

Option Combination #B $1,890
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- JBL AM/FM/6-Disc CD Changer w/9 speakers(EJ)
- Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/ Sunshade(SR)
- Roll Sensing Side Curtain Airbags and Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat Mounted Side Airbags(GY)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: My RAV4

MoonRav4 said:
To mhgsx: I ordered Everglade. with only the options shown above. I am going to contact the dealer tomoorow and see what "popular" options they think would snare a car. But, I don't want this to be their door to load one up either with high profit nonsense options. I would think that a Limited V6 4WD with just a sunroof and all the air bags would be the popular choice....
That is a popular combo around here, sunroof, tow prep, and side airbags.

That was our choice, but we decided on adding the leather and heated seats. Funny thing because OakBrook Toyota had both choices available in the same color, Everglade. The one thing we insisted on was the taupe interior.

They currently have a black one with the options you've specified.

·
Registered
340 Posts

HB Local said:
I was told that you cannot "order" from Toyota----the dealers are just able to see what's coming in the shipments from Japan. 3-5 more weeks sounds to me like they're just waiting to see what shipments will be coming in May. May shipments might not even have what you want.

Negative, my Matrix was special order from Toyota even thought I need to wait 6 month to receive my car. I order the XRS model, color: cosmic blue metallic, AT transmission, moonroof and navigation. This is very hard to find like this combination in the market today. That 's why I can confirm Toyota will accept the "Specail Order". The point is Toyota is "accept" or "reject" the order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts